Chatterfang, Token General

plaganegra
Jeff
Pronoun: he / him

Post by plaganegra » 2 years ago

Didn't see a thread here for Chatterfang EDH, so I thought I might start one to get the discussion going!

Many lists I see online are focused on squirrel tribal, but that's not the only direction you can go with Chatterfang. This thread is dedicated to the other main way to build Chatterfang - tokens, lots of them, and of all sorts. There are so many cards that interact well together that are not squirrel specific. I have been playing the deck and it has quickly become one of my most powerful commanders very rapidly because it is so easy to make a billion squirrels and then drain out opponents with the right support cards in the deck.

Anyway, I would love to see other people's lists, thoughts on my card choices, strategy discussion, and more. Anything you want to contribute to grow the token army is welcome here!

Here is the list I am working off of currently:

Decklist

Token Doublers:

Approximate Total Cost:

Other Cards I am considering:
Last edited by plaganegra 2 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
Zombies ate my brains.
My Varina Decklist
Also: Yawgmoth, Tinybones, Blim, Krenko, Kaalia, Beckett Brass, Chatterfang, Evelyn, Kodama-East, Kozilek, Breya, Morophon, U-Braids, Ashcoat.
MTG since 2003

Tags:

plaganegra
Jeff

reserved
Zombies ate my brains.
My Varina Decklist
Also: Yawgmoth, Tinybones, Blim, Krenko, Kaalia, Beckett Brass, Chatterfang, Evelyn, Kodama-East, Kozilek, Breya, Morophon, U-Braids, Ashcoat.
MTG since 2003

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 2 years ago

Looks like a fun list so far!

I'm unsure about the number of interaction, especially instant speed one. I'd run Assassin's Trophy and Beast Within on top and cut a few mana heavy drops, i guess.
Two creatures i'd add to the mix would be Liliana's Standard Bearer and Pawn of Ulamog. Also, i'm a huge fan of Life // Death in bg lists.

plaganegra
Jeff

Toshi wrote:
2 years ago
Looks like a fun list so far!

I'm unsure about the number of interaction, especially instant speed one. I'd run Assassin's Trophy and Beast Within on top and cut a few mana heavy drops, i guess.
Two creatures i'd add to the mix would be Liliana's Standard Bearer and Pawn of Ulamog. Also, i'm a huge fan of Life // Death in bg lists.
Yeah that's a good call, sadly I have yet to acquire an assassin's trophy but that and beast within are definitely going in to the deck.

Pawn of ulamog and token generators like it dont seem to pull enough weight to me because they only trigger on nontoken deaths and I don't really have any way to abuse that outside of my token doublers. Same with ogre slumlord etc.

Liliana's standard bearer is decent with a sac outlet. I've always been on the fence with the card, but here I can see it's inclusion. I might give that a try as well. Thanks!

List updated
Zombies ate my brains.
My Varina Decklist
MTG since 2003

plaganegra
Jeff

Well I have had some time to play the deck and it has quickly become my most consistent and powerful in my collection of edh decks. I hope to find some other players who might be interested in Chatterfang as a token general outside of squirrel tribal. The deck is nasty and has so many ways to win out of nowhere and/or go infinite.

Ruthless Knave + Chatterfang, Squirrel General + doubling season.

Here is my current list. As always I love feedback and love to consider new cards if anyone has any to share please do!

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

From the new set I am considering: Not sure yet or what to take out. Some of these are very strong...
Zombies ate my brains.
My Varina Decklist
MTG since 2003

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”