Temur Legend-Stacking Clone Wheels *Tana-Sakashima*

plushpenguin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by plushpenguin » 2 years ago

So, in contrast to my other lists here which usually try to be really optimized and nightmares to stare down, I instead wanted to try something more unique.

It was never practical to make a deck based around stacking legendary creature effects before CMDR legends. That changed when we got Sakashima of a Thousand Faces. Now we can clone legends any 2-3 color blue-containing combination possible. This means that I can finally approach a strategy that was largely unfeasible for 25 years.

However, what color combination and partner do I choose? Well, as it turns out, most legendary creatures both have effects that don't stack with extra copies and also pull a deck in completely different directions meaning that most of them have zero synergy with each other. I eventually ended up on the Temur color combination with Tana, the Bloodsower because there was the most overlap in synergy with the stackable legendary creatures in that color combination.

I was able to create a largely cohesive strategy using the combination of landfall = draw commanders, card-draw matters commanders, and wheel-loving commanders. This means I can craft a strategy based around playing lots of lands to benefit from the landfall legendaries and use wheels to restock my hand once I run out of lands to benefit the wheel legends. Meanwhile, the card-draw matter benefit both from the wheels and the effects of my landfall legends. Add some extra clones to make more copies of these than you know what to do with and you have a deck!

You have not seen ridiculous until you have copied Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait or Ruric Thar, the Unbowed three times in a single game. I have also won off of 6 copies of Purphoros, God of the Forge.
Current List
CLONE EVERYTHING

Enchantments

Planeswalkers

Approximate Total Cost:

Return to “Decklists”