Ebondeath, Dracolich (decklist up)

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DirkGently » 2 years ago

Ran a decent number of games with this last night against a fairly high-powered table. Overall it was relatively successful (I think it won 2/4 games? but some of those were 3p). However, maybe it's just my current mood but I'm a little bored with draw-go control at the moment, and most of the decks I have together are within that vein. I think this one is about a 3/5 - I will say, in comparison to something like my Wydwen, the Biting Gale, having mono-black felt like a bit of a handicap against powerful decks (I recall losing a game vs a hasty Staff of Domination combo that I couldn't effectively react to because I couldn't remove artifacts or counter spells, which was a bit frustrating). The extra power was nice, but the cost to bounce wydwen was probably more effective overall since I'm generally leaving mana up anyway for responses, making the activation cost pretty irrelevant, and sometimes it was tough to find a worthwhile removal target and still have enough mana to cast Ebon in the same turn. I did have one opponent try to outsmart me by not playing creatures, which was funny (didn't work - reassembling skeleton beatdown, baby).
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

DirkGently wrote:
2 years ago
Ran a decent number of games with this last night against a fairly high-powered table. Overall it was relatively successful (I think it won 2/4 games? but some of those were 3p). However, maybe it's just my current mood but I'm a little bored with draw-go control at the moment, and most of the decks I have together are within that vein. I think this one is about a 3/5 - I will say, in comparison to something like my Wydwen, the Biting Gale, having mono-black felt like a bit of a handicap against powerful decks (I recall losing a game vs a hasty Staff of Domination combo that I couldn't effectively react to because I couldn't remove artifacts or counter spells, which was a bit frustrating). The extra power was nice, but the cost to bounce wydwen was probably more effective overall since I'm generally leaving mana up anyway for responses, making the activation cost pretty irrelevant, and sometimes it was tough to find a worthwhile removal target and still have enough mana to cast Ebon in the same turn. I did have one opponent try to outsmart me by not playing creatures, which was funny (didn't work - reassembling skeleton beatdown, baby).
I am glad to hear about your testing. I am not overly shocked at hearing your results as it does play similarly to a mono black Wydwen in several ways when approaching from a voltron standpoint. I am not even sure how viable he is as the commander in an aristocrats concept though is a bit of my issue from the standpoint that there are so many variants of entomb not to mention just straight up black tutors these days that I don't know that it makes a lot of sense to force him as the commander of an aristocrats deck but I suppose it does come with the benefit of repeat access to him and allowing a unique build around.

Either way, its good to hear about your testing as I had kicked around a few super non committal ideas about this guy myself as a commander.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”