Adeliz - Muscle Wizards a-Grow

Nimbaway
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Nimbaway » 2 years ago

When Veyran, Voice of Duality was spoiled I was already interested in doing something with him, but the more I contemplated him the more I felt that he was better in the 99 with Adeliz, the Cinder Wind being the more consistent option to helm a Wizard prowess/aggro deck. The fact that our playgroup decided on wanting to do some tribal decks encouraged me to get the deck going, as it was going to be fairly budget and while I do have some tribal decks already I've been piloting those a little while now and that would give some advantages over the others.

The main rules we set for our decks is that 75% of the creatures in the deck need to be of the chosen tribe and no silver bullet cards against tribes. Restrictions I'm setting for myself is that I'm not running tutors and try to avoid infinites where possible. The idea is to set up some wizards, get cantripping and see if I can close the game in some way (or fail spectacularly in doing so). Not planning to go wide with tokens and have currently no interest to go wheels either.

I'm running a mostly budget friendly mana base, mostly to have some fun with Price of Progress. Scalding Tarn is obviously less budget friendly, but pulled one in a MH2 pack and it helps fixing, so it got in for that reason. I'm only running a couple of mana rocks, because when going off I want to hit as many spells as possible. So I'm running a couple of less efficient spells to deal with mana.

The list below is my first draft of the deck and probably could do with some minor tweaks, so I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on things to ensure it will be a fun deck to play.

Cards still being considered:
- Birgi, God of Storytelling

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”