Hawk's Guide to Volo's Guide to Monsters

Hawk
Slayer of Threads
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hawk » 3 months ago

Volo, Guide to Monsters is hands down the most excited I've been for a new Commander in a good long while. I want to get started brewing early with him. As I have been looking around, a few things stand out to me:

1) Volo loves himself some clones! Creatures like Duplicant, Spark Double, Progenitor Mimic, etc. are Shapeshifters or Illusions on the stack but something else on the battlefield. Spark Double is particularly good because it can become more Volos, but I suspect Volo is game to run a lot of clones.

2) We otherwise are gonna have to dig deep. Most of the "staples" are Elves, Wizards, Humans, or Druids, so we want to run lots of obscure stuff. I think in particular that means Volo is going to want to run more instants and sorceries for his ramp, rather than the usual horde of mana dorks.

3) Some graveyard clean-up, self-bounce, and sacrifice won't go awry with Volo, as it lets us clear the deck for more monsters later on the few creature types we do end up doubling up on.

Here's my rough draft!
Volo's Guide to Monsters

Commander: 1

Approximate Total Cost:

Pretty standard stuff - but let me know if I missed any spicy creatures!

I wish I could find room for Murkfiend Liege and Wurmcoil Engine but don't know what I'd cut - mana curve is a bit high already.

I am also aware that Craterhoof Behemoth, Sakashima of a Thousand Faces, Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath, Consecrated Sphinx, and Panharmonicon are incredible in this deck - they are omitted for budgetary reasons at this time :(.

Tags:

chetoos
Answers: 2

Post by chetoos » 3 months ago

If you don't have an ooze, scooze is useful to clean up your graveyard. Also, how about parallel lives over primal vigor? I don't think you do any counters, and parallel lives is just for you, not for your opponents.
And Parallel Evolution or Second Harvest over rite.

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 3 months ago

chetoos wrote:
3 months ago
If you don't have an ooze, scooze is useful to clean up your graveyard. Also, how about parallel lives over primal vigor? I don't think you do any counters, and parallel lives is just for you, not for your opponents.
And Parallel Evolution or Second Harvest over rite.
I do have Acidic Slime currently, but as I have 0 beasts I could swap in Indrik Stomphowler and add Scooze. I think that's a great swap!

I also was really torn between Second Harvest and Rite of Replication. I think you are right, ultimately, that Second Harvest is more fun with the instant speed flexibility putting it over the top.

And yeah, Parallel Lives is much better than Primal Vigor given how few of my cards care about or generate +1/+1 counters, but I don't own any and it's shot up to Doubling Season money :(. Maybe someday!

Thanks for the help!

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 2 days ago

Because I'm a madman who's bored out of his mind while his wife is on a week-long business trip...I decided to take a journey through every Creature Race Type in all of Magic in the hunt for the best things for Volos. I chose "Race" carefully, because I didn't want to look at stuff like Cleric, Rogue, Warrior, and Shaman. Almost every one of the "Class" Types in MtG history has a race stapled to it (especially now, post-Phyrexian creature type update) and so I found it more prudent to look at all the different animals and fantastic beasts of Magic, and note classes where they might be of conflict/interest.

Like I said, I'm a madman.
Mechanical Considerations:
Spoiler
Show
Volo and Bestow: No special interaction here; bestow spells are auras on the stack and don't have their creature types. If the target of your bestow becomes illegal, it will be too late for Volo to trigger and copy it then. Overall no real interest in a Bes-Volo deck.

Volo and Cascade: Copied spells aren't cast, so you'll only get the cascade(s) that the creature in question originally entitled you to. Some cascade creatures are still just generically pretty good in Volo but you won't get to double-dip as much as you'd think so it isn't a mechanic to go out of your way to include.

Volo and Changeling: Are a disastrous non-bo; Changelings can't be copied by Volo since they're all Human Wizards and will shut off Volo's ability to copy anyone else. Avoid including Changelings in Volo's deck at all costs.

Volo and Morph: Volo makes every face-down creature casting grant you a free 2/2 with no types (that won't be able to turn face-up). That's interesting, but since most of the great morph critters don't do anything until you turn them face-up it's an awkward direction to take Volo. I might consider dudes and dudettes like Den Protector and Willbender that don't compete for type slots since Volo can't dupe them anyways but if you wanna go all-in on Morph I'd say Kadena, Slinking Sorceress corners the market.

Volo and Mutate: A very fun combo! Volo will copy mutate castings and place two mutated creatures on the same target. However, you can choose whether to keep the target or the mutate on top, and in this way might be able to skirt some typical creature type duplication issues (since almost all mutates are Birds, Beasts, and/or Elementals and thus have a ton of competition). Do note you only get double mutates if you don't control a creature of the type, so there are still sequencing concerns.I think the best mutates (Gemrazer and Sawtusk Demolisher are close to staple-level for Volo, and would at least entertain going a lot deeper down that rabbit hole and running every mutate in Simic except for Trumpeting Gnarr (tokens might break a sequence) and Parcelbeast (just not as great in Commander for what we're trying to do).

Volo and Type-changing Effects: This is a possibility, right? One COULD run cards like Unnatural Selection to either change a creature to something else so you can cast another creature of that type, or change Volo into a Blinkmoth so that you can copy some sick Human and/or Wizard. I think it defeats the purpose of Volo especially since Simic isn't known for its tutors and I can't think of any other card in all Magic that does what Unnatural Selection does. - Arcane Adaptation and Xenograft are "too wide", Amoeboid Changeling is a changeling, Imagecrafter is fragile and doesn't fix the Human Wizard problem, and Trickery Charm is a one-shot which is pretty weak sauce. I mention this mostly to acknowledge I know it is a thing - but, if we're playing Volo, we want to play a menagerie right? Any Simic Commander can slam Eternal Witness and Laboratory Maniac and swarms of mana elves - we're here to get weird with it.
A is for Angels, Antelopes, Apes...
Spoiler
Show
Angel: Platinum Angel gets my attention since doubling it is double the safety until someone wraths. When the competition is Illusory Angel and Copperleaf Angel, it's easy to win the category but I wouldn't be rushing to jam an Angel in my Volo deck - Angels may be in the Monster Manual but they aren't really monsters, right?

Antelope: I give the win to Grazing Gladehart by virtue of being the only playable antelope that isn't also a Beast (sorry Stampeding Serow and Stampeding Wildebeests!) TBH the stampeding critters are nice, if you can afford to give up your Beast slot, and overall I'd feel okay not running any Antelope in my Volo deck.

Ape: For my money, I'm looking at the classic Uktabi Orangutan since it has no other stuff on its typeline to compete with. Kogla, the Titan Ape is a bit awkward as a legendary, but is so powerful you might just wanna run him anyways. Silverback Shaman gets the bronze as a fine replacement-level body (shame about his Shaman typing). I guess there's enough Apes I'll say honorable mention is Hooting Mandrills as just a lot of stats that can also help clean the 'yard if you are trying to double up on a type in your menagerie. Apes are popular, so I'd look to include one in your zoo!

Archon: No Archons exist that are Simic-eligible :(

Assembly-Worker: I thought this was just a meme category for me to look at, but it's actually interesting! If your deck is doing any Food/Clue/Treasure things, Academy Manufactor is a spicy card to get to double so you can then end up with six tokens for every one created. If you aren't jamming trinkets like that, Mishra's Self-Replicator is a bit more interesting when it's 4/4 of stats that can make 4/4 more stats for every historic spell cast - there's some potential there in a very artifact-heavy Volo Guide. No bronze here, as the rest really are just memes and draft chaff, but there's definitely some neat options in a trip to Mechanus for Volo!

Atog: Tragically, one of WotC's unique types is pretty terrible for Volo - I call this a loser's draw between Chronatog and Foratog. If you must, I guess I'd run Foratog for fun?

Aurochs: As a parasitic, synergistic herd Aurochs are a poor fit for Volo. Rimehorn Aurochs is probably the best of a bad bunch especially in Snow-lo, but if you want hoofstock in your zoo look at Antelope or other types.

Avatar: A surprisingly competitive type with two clear stand-outs in Wandering Archaic and Diluvian Primordial, which both propose massive value in normal play and absurd value when doubled up on. I prefer the flexibility and curve of Wandering Archaic, but Diluvian Primordial is a fine and more budget-friendly alternative. For Bronze I'd actually give it to Overbeing of Myth as a bit of a sleeper hit compared to the newer and more modern Body of Knowledge. There's fun to be had with Avatar of Growth and Primeval Protector too, but I think fundamentally these cards are just behind the above. Finally, shout-out to Living Lore as another budget-friendly possible sleeper especially in a spell-centric Volo deck (bit of an odd direction, but a possible one!).

Azra: No Azra exist in Simic colors.
B is for Badgers, Basilisks, Bats...
Spoiler
Show
Badger: Charging Badger wins on sheer pluck as the fiercest little mammal this side of Brushwagg (don't play Badgers in your zoo; they just make a mess).

Basilisk: A classic of the genre! Sadly not awesome in EDH. Turntimber Basilisk is probably the best of a bad lot, as a cheap little death-toucher that provokes blockers. I'm going to give Stone-tongue Basilisk silver for nostalgia (it's not awful if you aren't actively eating your graveyard and it'd win...if it was 3GG instead of the steep 4GGG it is in truth). And let's say bronze is a tie between the classic Thicket Basilisk and its superior 2010 improvement Sylvan Basilisk. Real talk though, probably best to leave the basilisks out of the zoo; they require very specialized care and diet as well as a Nemesis Mask to be seen in public.

Bat: Tragically, no bats exist for Volo's zoo :(

Bear: Everyone loves bears in a zoo - they may be a bit vanilla, but they're just so cute! Bad news for Volo is that when your menagerie can include Gods, Avatars, Sphinxs, and Dragons, a cute bear is less impressive. Most great Bears are legendary (and thus a bit of a bombo for Volo) or are magical creatures with other types. For pure ursine joy, my vote goes to Striped Bears for some digging and furry bodies. If you are okay with double-typed bears, I don't hate Spirit of the Aldergard (near strictly-better than Striped Bears, as long as your zoo has cold climates) or Owlbear (a D&D staple, and a significant upgrade in terms of threat level for one more mana). Honorable mention will go to Ulvenwald Bear, which is a lot of stats for just 2G if you can get the Morbid to trigger reliably.

Beast: After some short lists, beasts are a brutal one with 258 eligible creatures in Magic's history (and growing every year). The clear king of the beasts is Craterhoof Behemoth; if you've got 'hoof play it as Volo will dramatically decrease the creature count required to murder people with it. Thunderfoot Baloth and Blossoming Bogbeast are other budget alternatives to 'hoof. However, I will say that the job of 'hoof can also be done by a few good Boars and Goats and Rhinos later on down the list, so if you'd rather run something else a few options are… Beast is great as a flex-type. For instance if you end up going with Scavenging Ooze over [Acidic Slime for Ooze, you can look for naturalizes and artifact hate in Beast. Ditto if you pick any number of elves over Beast Whisperer; Garruk's Packleader or Paleoloth have got your back! Overall it's a question of which beast will be Beast in Show for you; you should definitely pick one of the above.Those are the best imo - there's lots of other beasts that gain life or give lots of stats, but we can do better and should.

Beeble: Another magic unique, another type with mostly unplayable chaff. I give the nod to Bouncing Beebles but they're just gonna be a Phantom Warrior. Only play for the meme value.

Beholder: A D&D icon that isn't available in Simic :(.

Bird: Another populous type, with 110 eligible (after factoring out the 18 Aven Bird Wizards who don't play well with Volo). Here, however, unlike beasts I think there's some clear standouts and less competition. I really like Birds of Paradise; it's simple, it's classic, it's a nice ramp, and there's less competition here than you'd think. If you are a historic build, Jhoira's Familiar and Junk Diver make some nice alternatives. On a budget? Mist Raven, Raven Familiar,0 and Augury Owl are fine ways to bounce, draw, or scry with a cheap flier. As a dark-bird candidate, Blizzard Strix can be really interesting with all the EtB you're sure to be playing. Finally, Dreamtail Heron and Souvenir Snatcher are great mutate creatures that aren't always "birds" if you don't want them to be.

Blinkmoth: Exists only on lands.

Boar: Boars are an underrated creature to keep in your zoo that are surprisingly fun. End-raze Forerunners are very competitive with Craterhoof Behemoth at a fraction of the initial buy-in cost and in a less competitive type. Decimator of the Provinces is much worse since the cast trigger won't be doubled and it is more mana for no Vigilance (and for an added Eldrazi type that might interfere with your build). Honestly I'm inclined to call End-raze a must-run for a Volo Menagerie (it's the most played card in Volo at 65% but that still isn't 100%); the only serious competition is Archetype of Endurance which is...fine.

Bringer: All Bringers require 5C decks, so no Bringers for Volo.

Brushwagg: Bring it on, Charging Badger! Almighty Brushwagg has your number. He's so cute that it's worth considering if you are all-in on mutate maybe...but, it's pretty low-impact even there.
C is for Camarids, Camels, Caribous...
Spoiler
Show
Camarid: An old-school cool blue creature type...that isn't actually on the typeline of any playable creatures :(

Camel: Camels are mean! They smell, they spit - not a great fit for a zoo. Real talk our two options, Quarry Hauler and Steel Dromedary, have some okay counter synergy but overall are limited-quality cards we're probably not looking for in Volo.

Caribou: Clearly only live in Plains? There are none for Volo.

Carrier: A holdover from pre-Phyrexian times; none are available in Simic.

Cat: No menagerie is complete without some cats! Temur Sabertooth is a very popular kitty in Volo at 44% inclusion, and it's easy to see why - it's a good body that lets us bounce our own stuff to trigger Volo again, and as such is essential for a very EtB focused Volo build. For my part, I think Keeper of Fables is pretty competitive as a reasonable draw effect for the deck. Qasali Slingers is also a great option if you don't have too many warriors as a strong way to nuke artifacts and enchantments (you'll end up nuking 3 for one casting!). Honorable mention goes to Feline Sovereign as an interesting "Trygon Predator with a different type-line"; I think it is just worse than Qasali Slingers and Trygon Predator, but those cards have different types that may conflict with your deck so it bears mentioning. Finally, a dark cat candidate is Nacatl War-Pride which is a stupid, stupid card in mulitples.

Centaur: A fantasy staple and a must-have for any serious monster guide. Courser of Kruphix is the best magical horseman in Magic history, and as one of the few Centaurs who has no profession beyond "giving you lands and life" is a fine inclusion even if you aren't going to get too much extra value out of having two. The absolute best centaur for Volo, however, is Selesnya Eulogist. The competition in the druid profession is stiff, so it will take careful consideration to include, but Populate is an amazing mechanic for Volo and the Eulogist brings a touch of grave hate to the party to boot. I'd strongly consider one of these two - Centaur Omenreader and Loaming Shaman are both good Centaurs with interesting abilities that have competitive secondary classes, while Phantom Centaur and Stonehoof Chieftain are both strong beaters (especially in a mutate-heavy shell) with the same problem. Pheres-Band Brawler gets a mention as a Affectionate Indrik clone with a (maybe???) less contested typeline. I'll give my final darkhorse (yay horse is appropriate to say here!) budget pick to Nylea's Disciple - Archer is a lot less hotly contested than Druid, Shaman, and Warrior for your types, and this can be a pretty big burst of life to keep you afloat in a under-75% meta.

Cephalid: Another magic staple, another bad entry for Volo - lots of the okayish Cephalids are also Wizards which keeps them out of the Guide. I think the best here is Cephalid Sage as it's a lot of digging, especially if your take on Volo is doing graveyard-y things. Callous Oppressor is interesting in multiples, and since there's a fair amount of competition amongst the "Control Magic on a Stick" critters, maybe worth an include?

Chimera: A D&D classic with some great options. The best Chimera in Magic (Apex Devastator) seems a bit "win-more" for Volo, since the copy won't get any more cascades. Fortunately, we've got the obscure Treeshaker Chimera as an alphastrike + card draw machine, and the budget-friendly Horizon Chimera as a flashy, evasive lifegain engine. If you just want stats, Majestic Myriarch brings the stats. Final mention - a lot of constellation creatures and enchantment creatures have diverse, unusual typelines, so while he's no Eutropa, the Twice-favored Volo could make for an intriguing Enchantress-type Commander especially with Shimmerwing Chimera and/or Riptide Chimera to make sure you can go stargazing every turn!

Cockatrice: From the highs of Chimera we go back to the lows - there's only two in color, and both OG Cockatrice and shiny new Fleetfeather Cockatrice are boring "just stats" critters. I give the nod to Fleetfeather, as a fine rattlesnake...chicken...thing for a budget Volo deck, but ideally you'll leave these rotten eggs out to pasture (for even more mixed metaphor action).

Construct: Ah yes, the "Beast" of artifacts (in that it's a meaningless "catch-all" for "clockwork creations") and a packed house again. Pound for pound my money is on Torrential Gearhulk as a huge flashy body that should yield great value - even if your deck has 10 or less instants I'd at least consider it, and it's only terrible if your deck is approaching spell-less Primal Surge type nonsense (not a bad way to go with Volo, to be fair, but an unusual direction). Still, like Beasts, this is a good flexible type with some good options:
  • Walking Ballista slices, dices, and makes julienne fries, and is always a reasonable card.
  • Myr Battlesphere and Hangarback Walker are some great "army in a can" type creatures.
  • Verdurous Gearhulk may just be the most stats-for-CMC you can get in a Volo deck especially since so much of it will impact immediately (and because it will synergize so strongly with any +1/+1 counter thins you are doing)
  • One very minor issue for some Volo decks is that a lot of the good mana dorks are Elves and/or Druids and/or Shamans, which can break a lot of their more interesting sequencing - so it is always relevant when a different type brings mana dorks even mediocre ones like Manakin, Hedron Crawler, and Walking Atlas.
  • Heavy Metal Volos is also an option, at which point you'll have a really tough call between one of the above versus Foundry Inspector, Steel Overseer, Scrap Trawler, and Metalworker.
Crab: Another disappointing type. The winner is.. I dunno, they're all bad. Iceberg Cancrix might be okay in Snow-lo, and King Crab is a funny nostalgia card and way to serve as pseudo-removal or a (really bad) Temur Sabertooth effect. Vexing Scuttler might be okay since most Archaeomancer effects don't play well with Volo, assuming you don't mind losing out on your Eldrazi slot too. And then we've got Thassa's Emissary for the enchantress builds. But these are all replacement-level even in those fringe builds - probably better to go Crab-free.

Crocodile: A zoo favorite that won't be a Volo favorite. Scaled Behemoth is probably the best thing on a budget for the #stats. It's more funny here to see power creep over the years - compare Emperor Crocodile and Sandbar Crocodile to the Behemoth, or Wardscale Crocodile.

Cyclops: Not seeing any in Simic.
D is for Dauthi, Demigod, Demon...
Spoiler
Show
Dauthi: Seem to have gone up in smoke.

Demigod: As the name implies, our two available demigods (demigoddesses, really) are both legendary and thus awkward with Volo. I give the nod by a lot to Renata, Called to the Hunt who you can sneak an extra counter onto (copy resolves first) and who can add a lot of extra power to your doubled critters. Callaphe's ward looks a whole lot less impressive in comparison but might be the pick specifically in the Enchantress version of a Volo deck.

Demon: Guess we'll have to leave these to the Fiendish Folio, as no Demon has ever been printed in Simic colors.

Devil: Yep, them too.

Dinosaur: From extinction to 47 representatives in Simic, Dinosaurs are so hot right now.WotC has been pretty committed to getting the tribe to be relevant in EDH and Standard, too, so between Ixalan and Ikoria (plus random appearances in Core and Masters sets) we've got a bevvy of options and surprising flexibility from these old bones. The most played Dino in Volo is Keruga, the Macrosage, and I guess I get it - compared to say Owlbear this is trading overall stats (due to the legend rule) for at least one more card even in a worst-case of only controlling Volo. I'm actually sorta underwhelmed though; Dinos offer so much that I'm not sure Keruga would be my go-to, as the actual worst case here compared to Owlbear is draw 0 after a boardwipe. My pick for sleeper is actually Runic Armasaur (which isn't even on Volo's EDHRECs page!), a card that can draw a ton of cards especially in multiples. If you are looking to get cards out of your Dino-might, I'd take Armasaur over Keruga 99.9% of the time. But, if you want something else from Dinos… Djinn: No djinn appears in Volo's EDHREC page now despite the quest for wishes being a staple of adventures. A quick look reveals why - the best Djinn in EDH, Tidespout Tyrant, is showing its age these days and doesn't combo great with Volo. If you are looking to have some power in your corner, some ammunition in your camp, I recommend Soulblade Djinn which can definitely get out of hand quickly in a more spell-centric or enchantment-centric Volo deck. To just mention a 3rd place finisher (I guess Tidespout is my second place; it's still really powerful in a slower meta!) - Sage-eye Avengers is mostly just worse than Soulblade in a deck that can reliably trigger prowess, but they ain't nothing. Mostly though, I'm wishing we had a Djinn a bit more playable in Volo.

Dog: Man's best friend may not be Volos - Dogs haven't quite caught up to Dinosaurs on the "making them EDH playable" train. The only remotely playable dog that doesn't have a secondary typing is Wild Mongrel, and while this good boy is one of my favorite cards in all MtG history he's just not awesome in EDH or a Volo deck. If you really want your Volo deck to go to the Dogs, I guess I'd look at Ainok Survivalist (Scout isn't too competitive as a secondary typing) as a cheap Pilgrim's Eye fixing effect that can grab lots of lands in the mid to late game. I don't hate Blues Clues in a dedicated "token junk" Volo deck or Abzan Beastmaster in a vacuum, but both have obnoxious secondary typings. Overall, I'd probably leave these Dogs in the doghouse for a Volo deck.

Dragon: Red's iconic is so popular that a whopping 31 are available for play in Simic, to ensure Volo's Dungeon can have some proper Dragons. I favor Keiga, the Tide Star despite her legendary status and obnoxious secondary Spirit typing - you get a 5/5 flier and an immediate stolen creature, making this in my opinion the best Control Magic creature Volo can hope for. If you want removal with more bodies on board though, Steel Hellkite and Foe-Razer Regent are both acceptable alternatives to Keiga. Shimmer Dragon also holds some value in an artifact-centric deck, maybe moreso than Steel Hellkite - multiples don't matter for the card draw ability, but can't complain about getting a second 5/6 flying hexproof for free. None of these dragons break the bank, but if you are on the most extreme of budgets I'd recommend Destructor Dragon as my budget candidate of choice. Dragons are practically mandatory for any serious D&D deck so definitely include one!

Drake: Diet dragons are still a great fit for a Volo Menagerie. The most playable and played Drake is Peregrine Drake which is great to "go off" with- it's effectively a 4/6 flier and a 5 mana ritual at a minimum with Volo out, allowing you to really empty your hand and flood the board. Loyal Drake is also popular as a card draw critter. I imagine the only reason these two are ahead of Gilded Drake is budget, but of course the ol' fool's gold drake is still amazing. There's a few good alternatives - Tide Skimmer is a nice alternative to Loyal Drake, Angler Drake is another bounce effect if you feel you need it - but with a good mix of budget versus not options I'd definitely take one of the top 3.

Dreadnought: Currently, only Phyrexian Dreadnought has the type, and that's a too-spicy-for-me card for this deck - I'd rather not.

Drone: Most drones are also Eldrazi, and that's a bummer. Volo makes Brood Watcher, Nest Invader, or Kozilek's Predator "free" and that's...fine, but not that exciting since you're just left with vanilla dudes. Mirran Spy could be good in an artifact deck otherwise, as a "Pure" drone. I think my favorite drone is actually Hoverguard Sweepers, which doubled should be effectively a River's Rebuke attached to a pair of massive fliers. But all of this stuff is pretty weak, and only good for wanting to have the obscure typing.

Dryad:I'm surprised to see that there's only 34 dryads but it's a stacked list. The two most popular are Tendershoot Dryad and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove. Tendershoot is a slam-dunk; doubled by Volo this is a 4/4 that spits out 10/10 of power every upkeep once you get rolling which is stupid. That's so insane that I scratch my head at Illysian being in the deck - it's an explore on a stick, sure, but Wayward Swordtooth seems like a better explore. Meanwhile, I think Sanctum Weaver is more exciting in an Enchantress take on the deck. The top two are both $15+, so if you are on a bit more of a budget I really like Yavimaya Dryad as a Wood Elves+ with a less competitive typeline. These Dryads are all good, so good that I think they choke out the next best options like Bramble Sovereign and Conclave Naturalists (another "Naturalize on a stick" option if you want it). Bottom line, I'd run Tendershoot if you have it, Yavimaya Dryad if you don't, and Sanctum Weaver in specific builds - but you should definitely be running a Dryad.

Dwarf: The only on-color dwarf is Reveka, Wizard Savant who is A)a wizard who can't be copied by Volo, B) a legend so even if she could be copied she'd dieto the legend rule, and C) is a terrible terrible card. Maybe we'll see some Green or Blue Dwarves in the next D&D set?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”