Mono-U Partners: Pirates, Ramirez & Malcolm

BaronCappuccino
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BaronCappuccino » 2 years ago

One deck that I've always wanted to make, or rather, two decks that I've always wanted to make, are old-school "draw-go", and sea-creature tribal. I also always wanted to be an early adopter of a particular commander. I achieved all three with this Ramirez & Malcolm deck. Both commanders have fairly effective evasion, and when they connect, you get a couple of treasure for your trouble. While I've always loved sea creatures as a concept, you really need a good game plan to rely on big fatties in a non-green deck. My game plan is to protect myself with my substantial list of answers, using my commanders to swing where an outside observer might think I was playing some sort of Delver/tempo deck, and using the resulting tokens and normal land drops to power out most of the better blue curve-topper sea creatures. Most of them fall under Whelming Wave tribal, as I often describe it. As far as the answers go, I tried to pick them with an eye for theme and, I suppose, friendliness, for lack of a better description. There's some goodstuff in the list, at the very least, Cyclonic Rift, but I tried hard to stay creative.
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”