Atalya, Samite Master: Don't Mind Me, Just Healing Up

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 2 years ago

A while ago I wanted to brew around a commander that basically saw zero play. Enter Atalya, Samite Master! Apart from a handful of janky cleric-tribal builds, there was basically no-one playing her. Decided I wanted to create a build that plays some repetitive lifegain effects and payoff cards that could bring home to win. It was pretty fun to play in casual pods, but I disassembled the deck a few months ago. Considering to reassemble it again... Added some cards, removed some bad performers and still busy streamlining the deck.

Atalya, Samite Master - Monowhite Lifegain

Commander

Recursion

Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Kinda surprised that Felidar Sovereign isn't in the deck, but that said. Looks hella good.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 2 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
Kinda surprised that Felidar Sovereign isn't in the deck, but that said. Looks hella good.
From experience, Felidar Sovereign and Test of Endurance don't really work in the deck. You need to be able to flash them in end of turn if you really want them to win the game for you (which is possible with Scout's Warning or Vedalken Orrery), otherwise they just get blown up.

The deck has a lot of difficulties winning, whatever winconditions I play. It is too cute :pensive: .

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

LaHistorica wrote:
2 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
2 years ago
From experience, Felidar Sovereign and Test of Endurance don't really work in the deck. You need to be able to flash them in end of turn if you really want them to win the game for you (which is possible with Scout's Warning or Vedalken Orrery), otherwise they just get blown up.

The deck has a lot of difficulties winning, whatever winconditions I play. It is too cute :pensive: .
That is because everyone is expecting you to flash in a Felidar Sovereign and win like that. I swear, ever since it was printed it's been near impossible to make a successful lifegain deck in commander unless it is blatantly obvious you can't play it (say, by running a white/black Ayli deck with Lurrus of the Dream Den as a companion). The format would be a lot healthier if it just got banned already, because as it is now, if you run monowhite lifegain, people will gang up on you just in case you have it in your deck.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 2 years ago

What about Heliod, Sun-Crowned and Approach of the Second Sun? Grows your creatures into threats and is a hard(er) to remove permanent himself. Approach is a bit more gimmicky, while being in the same vein as Felidar Sovereign and co, while being a bit stronger of a version of that win effect. Heliod is the more serious suggestion though.

Heliod being around $20 give or take currency exchanges is a fair point.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”