Winota, Joiner of Forces

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 3 years ago

So Wizards finally made a Boros commander who provides card advantage and "ramp" by allowing you to play those cards for free. My strategy is to play a bunch of cheap non human creatures to play human bombs for free and beat down while interacting with my opponents.
Decklist

Commander 1

Approximate Total Cost:

Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 3 years ago

I know it's kind of a meme card at this point, but have you considered Cartographer's Hawk its an evasive attacker that will ramp often

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 3 years ago

duducrash wrote:
3 years ago
I know it's kind of a meme card at this point, but have you considered Cartographer's Hawk its an evasive attacker that will ramp often
If the hawk cost 1 mana or had haste or Winota cost 5 mana I might play it, but right now if I cast the hawk turn 2 and attack with it turn 3, then turn 4 I can cast Wintoa(which I could have anyway) and can't attack with the hawk with Winona in play. What does that 1 extra mana on turn 4 really get me? If I cast the Hawk again on turn 5 then on turn 6 I can ramp again and get 1 Winona trigger off the hawk. It just doesn't seem worth it.

I think I'd rather play Fellwar Stone or Mind Stone.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”