Velomachus Lorehold - Less Lands

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

Ok, first of all, this isn't my first take on Velomachus Lorehold. I had another list over here that I did some light playtesting with digitally but I wasn't entirely convinced with my first approach. I decided to go in a slightly different direction focusing more on the effects that care about having less lands than other players.

I haven't really played a deck dedicated hard to having less lands but some things that come to mind for me are:
  • Bounce / Sac Land - Lotus Field / Lotus Vale / Scorched Ruins / Karoo / Boros Garrison / Guildless Commons were sort of the catalysts in getting myself less lands (outside of my opponents ramping)
  • Equipment - generally speaking when I am on a deck with more equipment / creatures in white I use things like Sword of the Animist / Dowsing Dagger. I wanted to be on a strategy that was more equipment light rather than forcing myself to not be on Sword of the Animist.
  • Ramp - Ideally its time to drop things like Solemn Simulacrum / Burnished Hart / Myriad Landscape as they make the play from behind land concept harder.
  • Balance - Restore Balance / Balancing Act play well off of having less lands. Restore Balance is a little strange but Lorehold could cast it himself and I have a bit of looting that could throw it away if drawn. I am always REALLY spooked by mass LD but I feel like these cards leave people with enough lands to still play the game while punishing land ramp concepts.
In my mind a creature light tactic in boros was a big reason to not be in equipment value. Lorehold costs enough mana that pushing into higher end mana tactics for casting him seems worthwhile.

Decklist

COMMANDER (1)

PLANESWALKER (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Its worth mentioning that I really don't know how viable this is. Its a pile of things I have been trying to work on for some time. I really love the Lotus Field / Lotus Vale / Scorched Ruins concepts into some of white's less land concepts which is what spurred me into looking into this. It might literally be a big old dumpster fire waiting to happen but I figure I need more testing with the low land concept and need to see where it goes.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Return to “Decklists”