Deck idea: Gerrard lock

victorsaur
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by victorsaur » 3 years ago

Hello everyone. I've been considering a Boros EDH deck that is based on locking your opponents out of the game, at which point they can resign. The idea is to pull off a combo that either prevents opponents from casting spells or reduces their hand sizes. Here is a link to the deck I've built with a budget card list: https://manastack.com/builder/892463. Gerrard, the commander, protects these combo pieces.

Here are the cards that lock opponents: What do you all think? It's kind of an all-in strategy so far with no card advantage pieces.

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

Looks pretty good to me but I am a bit surprised you're not rocking Lavinia, Azorius Renegade as she combos with the Knowledge Pool and Omen Machine.
With 19 instants it can fetch, Sunforger is versatile and can provide protection for your combos or recovery if removed.
I've been very impressed with Heliod's Intervention as a way to control the board.
With Rest in Peace you can use Helm of Obedience to mill out an opponent each time you use it.
Reliquary Tower, Needle Spires, Inspiring Vantage are pretty bad lands. I'd play Mistveil Plains, Axgard Armory (if play Sunforger), Shatterskull Smashing. These lands make Expedition Map way more of a toolbox.

I think the worse cards in your deck are Springleaf Drum, Nevinyrral's Disk. With Stony Silence, Serenity, Meltdown the stock of artifacts goes down.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”