Golgari Animator (not Reanimator)

Calcifer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Calcifer » 3 years ago

This is a new project I'm putting together! The goal is to control the battlefield while ramping until the time is right to animate all my lands and buff them for a big swing before an opponent can wipe them all away. At the moment I'm not likely to optimize the list, though cards like Hermit Druid and Field of the Dead would certainly be nice here. I'm trying not to spend so much on any individual card if I don't already own it but all suggestions are welcome for evaluation! I would love input from the very smart deckbuilders on this site if there are ways to streamline this list, or if anyone has experience with this sort of strategy. It's feeling a bit clunky at the moment, I'm used to playing leaner CMC curves but I feel like this needs as many lands onto the field as possible both because the commanders are expensive and because of the nature of animating lands requires having enough to cast spells to animate them, and plenty of lands still untapped to attack with. Also, I've skimped on some notable landfall creatures, they probably deserve spots here more than other curve topping cards.

Has anyone else on here had success with relying on lands as a fighting force? I'd love to know how it went!
Decklist

Instant

Enchantment

Approximate Total Cost:

Moonlighter
Lunatic
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Moonlighter » 3 years ago

Curious if you thought about going with white instead of black, maybe with Akroma, Vision of Ixidor. This gives you access to stuff like Tomik, Distinguished Advokist, Terra Eternal, etc. This also gives you some big sweepers in terms of destroying nonland permanents. It looks like you're going with Black for card draw, and I know that Selesnya doesn't have as much to get you there.
Playing EDH: Alesha Who Smiles at Death; Baba Lysaga, Night Witch; Emiel the Blessed; Breena, the Demagogue; Xenagos, God of Revels; Seton, Krosan Protector; Phelddagrif.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”