The Prismatic Bridge - Polymorph Tokens

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 3 years ago

The Prismatic Bridge - Polymorph Tokens

Commander (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

This is a list I've really enjoyed recently. It's not trying to be optimized or anywhere near competitive, but rather splashy and explosive while embracing the claim that, "actually, variance is kind of fun".

I'm not looking to cheat out Ugin and Eldrazi, despite that temptation being clearly advertised on The Prismatic Bridge. Instead, my endgame is to pop off with a handful of token lords and blink loops. Doing so at instant speed lets me make a big ol pile of dudes before untapping, then blink End-Raze Forerunners a few times before attacking, or just jam a bunch of mana into Mirror Entity, or Mirrorweave a lord with an anthem effect such as Captain of the Watch. You get the idea.
Last edited by MeowZeDung 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Tags:

MeowZeDung

Just a couple quick swaps:

3/21/21
Approximate Total Cost:

• Impact TremorsBrutalizer Exarch - Tremors is there to win outright in conjunction with some ridiculous play such as Mystic Reflection targeting a Evangel of Heliod on ETB with a devotion of 3+, or more likely the loop of Lumbering Battlement, Phyrexian Metamorph, and Glorious Protector. The thing is, in the former case Goblin Bombardment gets the job done just fine, and in the latter case the addition of any token creating creature in the loop lets bombardment bring it on home as well. Furthermore, the ETB combo wins are there as a plan B, thus the redundancy is probably unnecessary. Plus, since I'm planning to win via swarm, bombardment is the better of the two options since it can control the board a bit. Brutalizer Exarch is spot removal for problematic noncreature permanents, or it sets up my next bridge trigger or polymorph. Great ETB loop target. I'm excited to give it a shot.

• Stroke of GeniusDream Cache - The problem with stroke is that by the time I can feed enough mana into it to draw a meaningful number of cards, it's already way outclassed by some blinky shenanigans with Mulldrifter or Scholar of the Ages, and prior to that I just want cheap draw to hit land drops. Dream Cache is an objectively worse card, but it's cheapish, allows me to smooth my hand early and find lands, and is one of the all too few cards that let me jam stuff from my hand into my library. Basically, it lets me put that Avenger of Zendikar and/or Myr Battlesphere I can't afford to cast yet back on the top or bottom of my deck for a bridge trigger or polymorph. I don't own an Amass the Components, but even if I did I think I would still probably try cache out first since it has the potential to smooth my hand earlier. Other considerations are Gaea's Blessing and Fire Prophecy I guess, but they both seem a bit meh. Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge might be the best bet if I ever get a copy.

shermanido37
Pronoun: he / him

Post by shermanido37 » 3 years ago

I mean sure, you're not trying to be competitive, but I feel like the deck barely does anything.

I am very sad at your lack of Lukka, Coppercoat Outcast. Can be drawn with the Bridge, and guarantees better value for whatever you polymorph.
Magus of the Order is a psuedo-polymorph for green creatures.
Worldspine Wurm feels solid as a polymorph target that both provides additional fodder when it dies, and shuffles itself back in for additional polymorphs.
Dragonlord Atarka is a good polymorph target. Hornet Queen is too.

IDK. It feels like there's too much that's confused about this deck to give good advice.

MeowZeDung

shermanido37 wrote:
3 years ago
IDK. It feels like there's too much that's confused about this deck to give good advice.
Ah, you cut me deep sherm. Perhaps it needs to be seen in action or I just need to explain it better.

The whole thing was a bottom up design starting with Mystic Reflection, Mirrorweave, and Mirror Entity. The first bridge trigger gives 1-5 creatures that then snowballs with polymorphs, flickers, etc then wins with a instant speed army from nowhere.

Something like Scholar of the Ages + token lord(s) + Lumbering Battlement + Essence Flux. Or, a blink effect + Avenger of Zendikar + Mystic Reflection.

Follow that up with Mirrorweave targeting Cultivator of Blades before attacks, or dumping mana into Mirror Entity and making all those tokens squirrel soldier elementals for the respective lords.

I totally understand how it can come across as a convoluted pile, but out of 6 games so far it has won half. It plays surprisingly well as long as it's not in a game with higher powered decks loaded with answers.

I don't own lukka or wurm, but they are both on my radar. Lukka isn't a huge upgrade since I usually want to poly a token. Also getting what amounts to a polymorph from a bridge trigger is a bit redundant. I think I'd consider Proteus Staff first.

Magus gets a specific creature, sure, but it's slow unless I poly it out on an end step before my turn. Nifty way to get Avenger of Zendikar or End-Raze Forerunners though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”