Orvar, the All-Form - Copying Permanents with Card Draw

narglfrob
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by narglfrob » 3 years ago

Regarding the clone debate, I find Sakashima the Impostor to be a good compromise in similar commander reliant decks.

In Orvar, it exposes you to a good bit of upside (not exponential like Spark Double, since you cant make more than 2 Orvars with Sakashima the Impostor) with a drastically higher floor. The higher floor is because casting Sakashima the Impostor on t4 as a clone of your opponents best creature is a pretty solid play, especially if you can then later make lots of copies of an ETB ability you wouldn't normally have access to.

As a typical example, casting Sakashima the Impostor on turn 4 copying a Reclamation Sage is a good bit better than you can get out of Spark Double that early in the game, and sets up nicely for the mid-to-late game with a great target to spam copies of.

Tags:

Husforbi
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Husforbi » 2 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago
Husforbi wrote:
3 years ago
Hi man, cool deck (as always)

For a complete n00b, can someone explain the rulings behind:

"Gilded Drake can be copied while the trigger is on the stack so you can look to steal multiple creatures depending on how many targeting spells you have and how much mana you have available."

How does this work? :)

Kind regards
Hi, thanks.
Gilded Drake ability is an enter the battlefield trigger so that goes on the stack. This just means that there is a window where you are still in control of the Drake. While you are still in control of the Gilded Drake you can target it with your spells to make further copies of it with Orvar ability. Once the Drakes are exchanged then you don't have control of them any more and won't be able to copy it in the future.
Does that make sense?
Sorry about the late reply, and yes that clears it up :) thanks for taking the time to explain.

Orvar
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Orvar » 1 year ago

BeneTleilax wrote:
3 years ago
No Mystic Reflection ?
Me and my brother have a question for Orvar, the All Form and Snap, so I targeted my Spark Double with snap with 3 other copies of spark double that are a copy of Orvar, the All Form and does snap create copies of the lands I untap?

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 1 year ago

Orvar wrote:
1 year ago
BeneTleilax wrote:
3 years ago
No Mystic Reflection ?
Me and my brother have a question for Orvar, the All Form and Snap, so I targeted my Spark Double with snap with 3 other copies of spark double that are a copy of Orvar, the All Form and does snap create copies of the lands I untap?
No, you do not target the lands. A trigger will fire off from only targeting the creature.

If Snap was worded like "Return target creature to its owner's hand. Untap up to two target lands." then you could choose a single land among all the chosen permanents as worded on Ovar. But unfortunately this isn't the case anyway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”