Kozilek 1.0 - How to Lose Friends and Annihilate People

Rasputin101
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rasputin101 » 2 years ago

Runnin wrote:
2 years ago
I finally got a Manascape Refractor and a Guildless Commons. How has Manascape Refractor performed for you all?
It's done ok for me.
It's coming out for Wandering Archaic for lack of a worse pick to come out.
The way I see it is mindslaver came out to test the Refractor and wandering archaic is far better than mindslaver more often... So that's what's happening to test it.

Looking forward to hitting the archaic's ability with Strionic Resonator and Rings of brighthearth for a ton of value!

Tags:

Runnin

Post by Runnin » 2 years ago

Rasputin101 wrote:
2 years ago
Runnin wrote:
2 years ago
I finally got a Manascape Refractor and a Guildless Commons. How has Manascape Refractor performed for you all?
It's done ok for me.
It's coming out for Wandering Archaic for lack of a worse pick to come out.
The way I see it is mindslaver came out to test the Refractor and wandering archaic is far better than mindslaver more often... So that's what's happening to test it.

Looking forward to hitting the archaic's ability with Strionic Resonator and Rings of brighthearth for a ton of value!
Nice haha, like a tax. But good to know. Maybe its better in a deck with a more landfocused theme. I'm gonna try and get a Wandering Archaic.

Rasputin101

Runnin wrote:
2 years ago

Nice haha, like a tax. But good to know. Maybe its better in a deck with a more landfocused theme. I'm gonna try and get a Wandering Archaic.
If we had access to the coloured land's abilities it would be amazing.
It's so good with scorched ruins though.

Rasputin101

I'm quite excited for Urza's Saga!
The second mode is pretty rubbish but we can the pull any 0 or 1 drop from the library which is awesome!

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure that those chapter I. and II. abilities become static abilities for as long as the card is on the table. I think that spitting out Constructs turn after turn is pretty good... The tutor effect is just awesomeness on top of it.

I'm definitely getting several copies of the card. So good.

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 2 years ago

benjameenbear wrote:
2 years ago
...spitting out Constructs turn after turn...
If you can keep it from hitting III.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

benjameenbear

lyonhaert wrote:
2 years ago
benjameenbear wrote:
2 years ago
...spitting out Constructs turn after turn...
If you can keep it from hitting III.
Wow, totally forgot about that part. Welp, I guess I'll just throw Sun Titan into my Osgir deck and call it good.

Crucible of Worlds would also be quite good with Urza's Saga for mono-Grey synergies.

Rasputin101

benjameenbear wrote:
2 years ago
Crucible of Worlds would also be quite good with Urza's Saga for mono-Grey synergies.
Hadn't even considered Crucible of Worlds!

How does the timing on the last ability work though?
The counter ticks it from II to III 'after your draw step'.
So if that's the main phase we can tap if before it sacs?
Or at least we can tap and respond to activate Strionic Resonator for double tutor? The timing on it with it being a land throws me off a bit

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 2 years ago

Rasputin101 wrote:
2 years ago
benjameenbear wrote:
2 years ago
Hadn't even considered Crucible of Worlds!

How does the timing on the last ability work though?
The counter ticks it from II to III 'after your draw step'.
So if that's the main phase we can tap if before it sacs?
Or at least we can tap and respond to activate Strionic Resonator for double tutor? The timing on it with it being a land throws me off a bit
Its the very first thing in the main phase, yes. So you can tap the land itself to respond to its third trigger, and can resonator it

Rasputin101

Wallycaine wrote:
2 years ago
Its the very first thing in the main phase, yes. So you can tap the land itself to respond to its third trigger, and can resonator it
Perfect, so three lots of over the three turns it's about, a fatty and a Sol Ring, Mana Vault or Sensei's Divining Top (among a load of others)
Keeps getting better the longer I think about it.

Shame Opposition Agent exists though! (which funnily enough is my last thought every time I shut my eyes at night)

Runnin

^Apparently its a Liquimetal Coating thats a manarock. Damn. Only hits nonland permanents which is a good choice I think.
Tap: Make :manac:
Tap: Nonland perm becomes an artifact in addition to its other types til EOT

^Sadly not for us

Descendant of Draco
Domain - 2 less for each basic blabla
Flying,
Each creature you control has vigi if it's white, hexproof if it's blue, lifelink if it's black, first strike if it's red, trample if it's green

Got these from discord so take it with a bit of salt I guess.

Rasputin101

liquimetal Torque (I think its called) looks pretty good.
Works nicely with darksteel forge to keep Kozi alive and is better than other 2 for 1 rocks in the deck.

Void Mirror isn't something I particularly like the look of. Makes Chromatic Lantern that bit better but I don't think its gonna see too much commander play.

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 2 years ago

Rasputin101 wrote:
2 years ago
Void Mirror isn't something I particularly like the look of. Makes Chromatic Lantern that bit better but I don't think its gonna see too much commander play.
Yeah, I wouldn't personally expect it, either, at least not teched against colorless. Not many folks running colorless, and it's too easy to slot in an Exotic Orchard and Fellwar Stone to bypass it. What it would really be used against are decks casting stuff for free off Mind's Desire, cascade, Mizzix's Mastery, etc. So at the least, colorless doesn't have to worry, lol.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Runnin

We can also tutor up Urborg to bypass it.

Runnin

Aaaand we just got a second urborg to tutor for,

The forest version of urborg.

Rasputin101

Runnin wrote:
2 years ago
Aaaand we just got a second urborg to tutor for,

The forest version of urborg.
Its gonna be an expensive month!

MJ0LN1R7

Post by MJ0LN1R7 » 2 years ago

Lots of goodies to look forward to in this one! But still the most pressing…
#FreeParadoxEngine

Rasputin101

MJ0LN1R7 wrote:
2 years ago
Lots of goodies to look forward to in this one! But still the most pressing…
#FreeParadoxEngine
Are we starting a campaign? I'm ready to write letters to world leaders. In fact the G7 summit is right now just an hour from my house, I could pop by?
#FreeParadoxEngine

benjameenbear

Add my name to the signature count, please! If you could go to the G7 conference and get world leaders to sign, I feel like the RC would have no choice BUT to unban the card. This is a good strategy.

Rasputin101

D&D was a bit of a bust.
I think the only good thing coming out of the set is Treasure Vault.
Basically a storage land for a one time blast but has upsides with Metalworker and Clock of Omens.
I think it's pretty solid as it's costed the same as our 2 for 1 mana rocks, you just have to sac them as you go.
Last edited by Rasputin101 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Runnin

Rasputin101 wrote:
2 years ago
D&D was a bit of a bust.
I think the only good thing coming out of the set is Treasure Vault.
Basically a storage land for a one time blast but has upsides with Metalworker and Clock of Omens.
I think it's pretty solid as it's closed the same as and 2 for 1 mana rocks, you just have to sac them as you go.
I did see this card tho, from the GR commander deck. Seems quite good.

Rasputin101

Runnin wrote:
2 years ago

How did I not see that?
Probably got tired of the defeat of not having anything all that good to bring in that I just flat missed it.

It's the combination of a high cost to activate and the sorcery speed that hurts it though.
If it were a lower cost at sorcery speed or same cost at instant speed that's an include but I'm not too pumped about it.
I do however like removal so....

Runnin

Rasputin101 wrote:
2 years ago
Runnin wrote:
2 years ago
How did I not see that?
Probably got tired of the defeat of not having anything all that good to bring in that I just flat missed it.

It's the combination of a high cost to activate and the sorcery speed that hurts it though.
If it were a lower cost at sorcery speed or same cost at instant speed that's an include but I'm not too pumped about it.
I do however like removal so....
'
Btw how do you feel about Eye of Vecna? I feel like it can be good in this deck. Actually, I think its good in MANY decks. But just that it replaces itself AND its a 2 drop. I think it can make some hands smoother, can tap/untap it and what not. I think it does quite a lot.

Rasputin101

Runnin wrote:
2 years ago
Btw how do you feel about Eye of Vecna? I feel like it can be good in this deck. Actually, I think its good in MANY decks. But just that it replaces itself AND its a 2 drop. I think it can make some hands smoother, can tap/untap it and what not. I think it does quite a lot.
I like it more than things like Mind's Eye or Staff of Nin because they are hard to establish (or justify establishing) in the early turns when we wanna be smashing the ramp where as Eye of Vecna can be squeezed out early without taking up an entire turn's casting to do it.
Although it seems quite good I can't think of a single card in the deck I'd be happy to lose to it except maybe, maybe Scroll Rack

MJ0LN1R7

Post by MJ0LN1R7 » 2 years ago

Hahaha I hear you man. My list has gotten so tight that I don't feel the need to replace anything right now. I still play around with Mirage Mirror but its just been too good for me! It's also a sac outlet for Kozi and I've used it to great extent to copy him and cast the real one over and over again. Plus the other obvious targets like an opponents Necropotence!! Even Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth along with Urza's Saga was super hard to find room for.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”