Kozilek 1.0 - How to Lose Friends and Annihilate People

MJ0LN1R7
Pronoun: he / him

Post by MJ0LN1R7 » 3 years ago

Who took out Mishra's!? I'm currently working towards acquiring one myself, my play group doesn't proxy crazy cards like that one, but one day soon I will have my own. It's so OP lolz

Runnin I can't believe you'd consider benching Kozi for the Pilgrim hahaha! I couldn't. Kozi is juice, butcher and distortion.

Tags:

Rasputin101

Post by Rasputin101 » 3 years ago

Bigsasha wrote:
3 years ago
Surprised to see that you took out Mishra's Workshop!
I've not taken it out yet but I'm considering it.
I've got a really convincing counterfeit proxy and not the real card.
Pretty open about it and nobody I've played against really minds but since the reserved list hiked up soooo high recently I don't think I'll ever own a real one so might take it out for that reason however much it pains me.
I suppose it's quality of card vs honesty to the game... I don't know.
I'd run The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale but that card is redonk expensive so not in the deck.

I'm so torn!

Rasputin101

... Looks like Stryxhaven's going to have us teaching some lessons!
Introduction to Annihilation couldn't be more apt

Runnin

Post by Runnin » 3 years ago

MJ0LN1R7 wrote:
3 years ago
Runnin I can't believe you'd consider benching Kozi for the Pilgrim hahaha! I couldn't. Kozi is juice, butcher and distortion.
I won't ^^ Its just an idéa if anything atm haha. It could be a cool thing.
Here's my deck btw:
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kozilek ... 1616754388
Rasputin101 wrote:
3 years ago
Bigsasha wrote:
3 years ago
Surprised to see that you took out Mishra's Workshop!
I've not taken it out yet but I'm considering it.
I've got a really convincing counterfeit proxy and not the real card.
Pretty open about it and nobody I've played against really minds but since the reserved list hiked up soooo high recently I don't think I'll ever own a real one so might take it out for that reason however much it pains me.
I suppose it's quality of card vs honesty to the game... I don't know.
I'd run The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale but that card is redonk expensive so not in the deck.

I'm so torn!
Same, I also have a very convincing Counterfeit proxy. I got it for free from a dude after I held a showcase showing a bunch of fakes to people, so they can get a feel of how they're like, what to look after etc. But I got to keep that one and a Tabernacle so in a way I don't need to get those cards. Like I don't have to run workshop but, it sucks that it started spiking just as I was about to get a real one.

MJ0LN1R7

Heyyy looks like a nice deck list my friend!! One thing popped out to me though, how come you run Fellwar Stone over Prismatic Lens or even better Thought Vessel!? I noticed the monument in there and you wouldn't get the buff off the fellwar.

What do you all think of Introduction to Annihilation?? I took out Duplicant becauxe a while ago cuz I just didn't like the restriction of just creature removal for 6! Not my jam, plus I took out all things that Torpor Orb would deter. But I think this is even too much for removal. I rely on Kozi and mostly other wiping things like All is dust or the Ugins. Super cool card though nonetheless it may warrant a test!

Since running Guildless Commons however I've had way more fun with that then the temple piece of junk-do-nothing card until you have 5 lands Lolol! It helps bounce up a Song of the Dryads or Imprisoned in the Moon Kozi! Your opponents wonder what the hell just happened in a colourless deck xD

MJ0LN1R7

Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

Creatures:
Metalworker
*Palladium Myr
Geode Golem
Kuldotha Forgemaster
Void Winnower
Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Planeswalkers:
*Ugin, the Ineffable
Karn Liberated
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Spells:
*Everflowing Chalice
Jeweled Lotus
Mana Crypt
Mox Opal
*Expedition Map
Mana Vault
Manifold Key
Sensei's Divining Top
Sol Ring
Voltaic Key
Doubling Cube
Grim Monolith
Helm of Awakening
Lightning Greaves
Mind Stone
Prismatic Lens
Scroll Rack
Swiftfoot Boots
*Thought Vessel
Torpor Orb
Warping Wail
Winter Orb
Ashnod's Altar
*Basalt Monolith
*Chromatic Lantern
Cloud Key
Coalition Relic
Crucible of Worlds
*Haunted Cloak
Inspiring Statuary
Kyren Toy
Manascape Refractor
Mirage Mirror
Rings of Brighthearth
*Sculpting Steel
Staff of Domination
Worn Powerstone
*Clock of Omens
*Hedron Archive
Krark-Clan Ironworks
Lithoform Engine
Mystic Forge
*Thran Dynamo
Unwinding Clock
Blinkmoth Urn
*Forsaken Monument
*Gilded Lotus
Ring of Three Wishes
*Dreamstone Hedron
Mindslaver
Planar Bridge
Akroma's Memorial
Chromatic Orrery
All is Dust
*Spine of Ish Sah

Land:
Ancient Tomb
Blast Zone
Blinkmoth Well
Buried Ruin
Cavern of Souls
Crystal Vein
*Darksteel Citadel
Deserted Temple
*Eldrazi Temple
Eye of Ugin
*Guildless Commons
Hall of the Bandit Lord
Haven of the Spirit Dragon
*High Market
Homeward Path
Inventors' Fair
Mage-Ring Network
Maze of Ith
Petrified Field
Phyrexia's Core
*Reliquary Tower
Rogues Passage
Sanctum of Eternity
Sanctum of Ugin
Scorched Ruins
*Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
Strip Mine
Thespian's Stage
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
*War Room
Wasteland
*Wastes x2
*Zhalfirin Void

I thought I'd post my haggard iPhone notes deck list. I'm not savvy with formatting but intended to post my list here one day just for perusal. Sorry for the joke that it is. I always post from my phone not computer.

Rasputin101

MJ0LN1R7 wrote:
3 years ago

I thought I'd post my haggard iPhone notes deck list. I'm not savvy with formatting but intended to post my list here one day just for perusal. Sorry for the joke that it is. I always post from my phone not computer.
MY EYES!
Let me straighten that out for you before we have a collective aneurism!
MJ0LN1R7's Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
Approximate Total Cost:

Much better!
If you hit the quote button on this you can see how it's been laid out.

MJ0LN1R7

Duuude! Thank you for this, very much! Super cool, I am learning how to use a forum it seems lolz

Runnin

MJ0LN1R7 wrote:
3 years ago
Heyyy looks like a nice deck list my friend!! One thing popped out to me though, how come you run Fellwar Stone over Prismatic Lens or even better Thought Vessel!? I noticed the monument in there and you wouldn't get the buff off the fellwar.
Tbh, I just don't have the cards. They've always been on my to get list and I never get them haha... but yeah I know. Atleast I got a nice The Dark Fellwar Stone, thats something! But I'm still missing Mana Crypt and some other stuff so.
MJ0LN1R7 wrote:
3 years ago
What do you all think of Introduction to Annihilation?? I took out Duplicant becauxe a while ago cuz I just didn't like the restriction of just creature removal for 6! Not my jam, plus I took out all things that Torpor Orb would deter. But I think this is even too much for removal. I rely on Kozi and mostly other wiping things like All is dust or the Ugins. Super cool card though nonetheless it may warrant a test!
I think its a ok budget card. You gotta start somewhere!
MJ0LN1R7 wrote:
3 years ago
Since running Guildless Commons however I've had way more fun with that then the temple piece of junk-do-nothing card until you have 5 lands Lolol! It helps bounce up a Song of the Dryads or Imprisoned in the Moon Kozi! Your opponents wonder what the hell just happened in a colourless deck xD
This is also a card I've been thinking about. I do think it can help out a lot.

Rasputin101

wandering archaic seems pretty good.
But chaotic in that we've no idea what we might get but I think this dude definitely needs some testing!

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 3 years ago

Wandering Archaic is absolutely incredible. Don't sleep on it. It's the new Rhystic Study ANY deck can play.

Bigsasha
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Bigsasha » 3 years ago

Rasputin101 wrote:
3 years ago
wandering archaic seems pretty good.
But chaotic in that we've no idea what we might get but I think this dude definitely needs some testing!
I just logged in here to bring this up! You're right it looks super interesting. Imagine 2-3 of these out on a table at the same time

Rasputin101

benjameenbear wrote:
3 years ago
Wandering Archaic is absolutely incredible. Don't sleep on it. It's the new Rhystic Study ANY deck can play.
Colourless is gonna whiff hard when the green guys plays a Nature's Lore though! :laugh:
Bigsasha wrote:
3 years ago
I just logged in here to bring this up! You're right it looks super interesting. Imagine 2-3 of these out on a table at the same time

Two or three of these out would be pure carnage!
I love that it sets that Cyclonic Rift back two turns!

Runnin

The day when you play the flipside and get All is Dust/Warping Wail AND a land. Thats magical christmas land for ya. Otherwise I do wonder if its gonna be good. Hopefully you get to cast a copy to remove something important.
Its really interesting when you think about it how political it can be. I can see it really help with dealing with a player. Double Plow, double vindicate etc against a second and or third opponent. The potential is certainly high.
And its EVEN a may ability.

BHC

Post by BHC » 3 years ago

Another person excited about Wandering Archaic for my kozilek deck but doesn't it feel like it should be a white card?

Rasputin101

Runnin wrote:
3 years ago
The day when you play the flipside and get All is Dust/Warping Wail AND a land. Thats magical christmas land for ya. Otherwise I do wonder if its gonna be good. Hopefully you get to cast a copy to remove something important.
Its really interesting when you think about it how political it can be. I can see it really help with dealing with a player. Double Plow, double vindicate etc against a second and or third opponent. The potential is certainly high.
And its EVEN a may ability.
I hadn't even read it right to say and/or.
Almost worth taking out warping wail so you're guaranteed all is dust and is effectively a tutor for that card!
BHC wrote:
3 years ago
Another person excited about Wandering Archaic for my kozilek deck but doesn't it feel like it should be a white card?
It does feel white, yeah. Nice to actually have body that can block too.
mindslaver effects will be a lot of fun against the spellslinger decks too. Copy our own version of whatever we can sneak out of their hands.

Runnin

Oh wait, it says Each Player. Fudge that haha, I didn't read it correctly either.

MJ0LN1R7

It sure does seem fun. But Warping Wail has the potential to stop most board wipes whereas this doesn't. But I think I will pick one up and test! If anything it could be fun to see the possibilities in each meta!

Runnin

Yeah I will def get and try out the creature side.

EDIT:
Check out this card: Image

Rasputin101

Runnin wrote:
3 years ago
Yeah I will def get and try out the creature side.

EDIT:
Check out this card: Image
Its cool but I don't love it for my deck.
Even with ulamog out that's five turns with no blocks and nobody hitting you in return.
Never gonna happen when there's only about 6 creatures in the deck.
Even as a mana rock it isn't that good as it's a 3 for 1.
Plus we need to deter attackers, this'll just attract them if you get anywhere near 10 counters.
That card needs to be in a token deck that hammers opponents with 10 creatures per turn.

Provided you're landing the attacks kozilek kills your opponents in 6 turns of combat which is plenty.

Runnin

Oh yeah I'm totally with you. This is for token decks, like Edgar.

Mishra00

Post by Mishra00 » 3 years ago

Hello! Hope everyone is well.

Long time Kozilek player, and I just came to post this!

witchs-clinic

What do you all think?

I'm wondering if this could be worth a utility land slot. I have on more than one occasion found myself wanting some incremental life gain, but maybe Miren, the Moaning Well is still a better card (not dependent on combat dmg, and also a sac outlet).

Runnin

Mishra00 wrote:
3 years ago

witchs-clinic

What do you all think?

I'm wondering if this could be worth a utility land slot. I have on more than one occasion found myself wanting some incremental life gain, but maybe Miren, the Moaning Well is still a better card (not dependent on combat dmg, and also a sac outlet).
I do think its a good option to fill out ones landbase =) Its not a bad idéa to have it as a sideboard card if you have problems removing cards for it. Otherwise its a good land and can in my oppinion find a mainboard slot.

Rasputin101

Mishra00 wrote:
3 years ago

witchs-clinic

What do you all think?

I think it's pretty solid if you find yourself running low on life.
Miren, the Moaning Well is better in some circumstances but if you're not ready to sac Kozilek it's far better.

I'd cut one of the weaker lands. Not sure what your list looks like but something like Zhalfirin Void would be possibly the weakest in my list.

Its a good way to win favour with another player.
Give their crwature lifelink if you need them to hang around a bit longer.

Runnin

I finally got a Manascape Refractor and a Guildless Commons. How has Manascape Refractor performed for you all?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”