Tevesh + Rograkh || Using Kobolds for Value

gsgfdf
Pronoun: he / him

Post by gsgfdf » 3 years ago

For years I have tried to make a monoblack deck work. My first commander was Ghoulcaller Gisa that always felt slow. For a brief time I used Sidisi, Undead Vizier as a commander, but it was still a 5 mana tutor in the command zone. I started working towards a Yawgmoth, Thran Physician aristocrats deck when Tevesh Szat, Doom of Fools was spoiled. The little Kobold seems to be the perfect value Partner to pair with Tevesh, drawing 3 for in a pinch. Any advice and recommendations for the list are extremely welcome.

Tevesh // Rograkh
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by gsgfdf 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 3 years ago

I think I like this idea of partners the best so far (although the Jeska + Commander Cat is potent as well). The only thing I'd recommend is adding in Yawgmoth since the synergy with Tevesh Szat is so strong and some faster mana rocks/mana dorks. And Skullclamp.

Great idea for partners though. +1 from this guy.

gsgfdf

benjameenbear wrote:
3 years ago
I think I like this idea of partners the best so far (although the Jeska + Commander Cat is potent as well). The only thing I'd recommend is adding in Yawgmoth since the synergy with Tevesh Szat is so strong and some faster mana rocks/mana dorks. And Skullclamp.

Great idea for partners though. +1 from this guy.
I use Skullclamp in Nethroi and Kykar already and I kinda dislike using the same cards across multiple decks. I excluded it because Tevesh's +1 works the same way and I thought I could get away with it.
Yawg is definitely something I will add to the list when I get my hands on a copy.
Which mana rocks/mana dorks do you have in mind? Arcane Signet / Fellwar Stone perhaps?

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 3 years ago

Arcane Signet, Coldsteel Heart, Plague Myr, Palladium Myr, Solemn Simulacrum, Everflowing Chalice, Worn Powerstone, and Mana Vault are the ones that immediately come to mind. The exclusion of Sol Ring is intentional, is my assumption, because that should DEFINITELY be in otherwise.

I don't know how mean it would be for your playgroup, but Contamination is uniquely powerful with Tevesh Szat.

This is very much a mono-Black control list with a strong token sub-theme. The aristocrats in the deck definitely help you edge the game out, but I suspect that your most powerful win conditions will be Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Grave Pact locks, and the X spells Exsanguinate/Torment of Hailfire. Is your group ok with that? The only reason I ask is that Mikaeus, the Unhallowed gives a static +1/+1 to the Thrulls while also enhancing the Aristocrats subtheme. I know it's an expensive card, but it would be quite powerful here.

gsgfdf

A nice bonus about the added red color identity is that I can use something like Rakdos Signet or Iron Myr without ever casting a red card. This allows access to some higher quality mana rocks.

I somehow forgot about Sol Ring, it's definitely going in the list. Trying to find slots for Palladium Myr and Worn Powerstone I ended up cutting the two worst aristocrats (Falkenrath Noble and Vindictive Vampire) as I already run six versions of the effect.

nobody

Post by nobody » 3 years ago

hi, I am thinking of building this deck but I want to splash red for some threaten effects, any advice on a rackdos variant?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”