Chainer's Meme Machine

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

Ok, I don't play infinite combos but this deck sort of has two larger memes to mention so lets start with talking about those. I really wanted to stick with cards that still ultimately had synergy but a combination of Chainer giving haste as well as being able to recycle parts that are drawn rather than tutored from our deck made him feel like he worked a bit better with these two concepts. Adding black also gives me access to some really good tutors to add to the consistency of getting these cards rather than the packages that make them up.
  • Deathbellow War Cry - So, largely speaking the package for this had been and still sort of is using: Glint-Horn Buccaneer, Fanatic of Mogis, Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion, and Neheb, the Eternal. These four combined with Chainer (he gives them haste) let you ETB dome opponents for 8 damage each, attack for around 18 (depends on blockers but largely you want to be attacking with the two Nehebs which likely can get in with haste), discard potentially your entire hand and do damage = discarded to each opponent. Finish that off with generating what likely will be in the range of 25-40+ red mana from Neheb, the Eternal. Then we have the new addition that is Moraug, Fury of Akoum. I think largely you want a package of at least five due to the likelyhood of drawing minotarus before finding Deathbellow War Cry but I also think that depending on what the attack front looks like I could see using Moraug instead of Fanatic of Mogis or Neheb, the Eternal in this little setup with a fetchland to get some insane attack power in. It is likely that we draw some minotaurs before Deathbellow War Cry but given that chainer allows us to discard cards to rez other cards I think its still relatively fine in this deck. I think both Nehebs and Moraug seem like decent standalone cards and the other two are..... situational cards that can still shine in this list.
  • Dragonstorm - So, the meme is having Chainer in play and ideally getting at least two dragons with dragonstorm. Even if I just get one dragon there are a number of 7 and 8 mana dragons so I felt like it was a reasonable card here given that Demonic Tutor into any 7+ mana dragon would cost the same. Assuming I can get 2+ dragons though you lead with getting Terror of the Peaks and follow with Utvara Hellkite. Chainer gives them haste allowing you to attack with both and make two more dragons. Terror of the Peaks in this case would do 18 damage spread in up to three targets of 6 damage shots while also attacking for 11. Potentially giving up to 29 damage to one player assuming you don't remove creatures with it. Every dragon you add in beyond two gives another 11-12 damage from Terror and 5-6 attack. I justified a lot of the tempo ramp in the list due to both chainer's ability to discard it to rez instead later as well as the potential of Dragonstorm storming. I considered Scourge of Valkas in the list as well but I felt like it really wasn't a reasonable consideration outside of a large tutor dragonstorm not to mention how many dragons you actually need before it does reasonable things.
Some amount of the tempo ramp in the list was due to being useful alongside Dragonstorm but some of it was also just useful for casting the expensive creatures in the list. Given that I can ditch them to Chainer later to rez they seemed like maybe reasonable inclusions. Overall a lot of my interaction is on my creatures so I guess we will see if that is a problem or not.

Decklist

COMMANDER (1)

ENCHANTMENT (2)

PLANESWALKER (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”