Emry, Lurking Battlecruiser

UnNamed1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by UnNamed1 » 3 years ago

Hey guys! I've wanted to take a step back from the competitive scene for awhile, while still having a deck that will some tweaks could obviously become competitive again.

My first love in MTG is artifacts. They are inarguably powerful and can do almost everything possible in the game. However, they are mostly known for comboing and fast mana. Unfortunately, this gets me targeted very quickly, resulting in my decks getting hated. So I decided to try something specifically casual. I built the deck as I normally would, then proceeded to take out the combo's and counterspells. I want to play my big artifacts and swing in on people. I left 1 single way to make infinite mana for walking ballista, but with no stack interaction, it can be removed.

Anway, without further ado, here is the deck list.

Please note the land base will be improved, that is just placeholders to add more utility.

This is my first attempt at any sort of combat focused win deck and will appreciate any and all help!

Tags:

shermanido37
Pronoun: he / him

Post by shermanido37 » 3 years ago

I think the prime mono U deck for cheating out fat artifacts is Arcum Dagsson, but that card can get very disgusting very fast.
I like Sai better as a commander, he's like a Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain that's much less explosive. One of the commanders that makes Skullclamp even more ridiculous than it already is. I mean you could also go Muzzio, Visionary Architect, since he's great for cheating out fatties.

I absolutely love the trio of Trinket Mage, Tribute Mage, and Trophy Mage, but in your case maybe Treasure Mage could be also worth considering. They are great tutors, while not being really competitive.

Also, for someone who claims not to want to play combo, you sure do have a lot of combo cards. Emry, Lurker of the Loch is best at casting cheap artifacts, which usually lend themselves to combo. Aetherflux Reservoir, Altar of the Brood, Mycosynth Lattice and Karn, the Great Creator... I don't think you've solidified your plans yet. Try thinking some more about how your deck actually wins.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”