Liesa, Shroud of Dusk

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 3 years ago

To add to my never-ending pile of decks I've built but can't actually play, due to Covid, here's my take on Liesa, Shroud of Dusk. I wanted something that kind of floated between hate bears and her drain ability. Penalties for casting spells, without affecting mana or lands, long term.

Liesa, Shroud of Dusk

Commander (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

Man I really like Liesa. I can't help but think she'd really like Vilis, Broker of Blood but I like a lot of your other choices.

Skull Storm in particular is really cool.

Airi
Queen of Salt

pokken wrote:
3 years ago
Man I really like Liesa. I can't help but think she'd really like Vilis, Broker of Blood but I like a lot of your other choices.

Skull Storm in particular is really cool.
Thanks! Vilis was in the original list before I cut it down. He mostly got cut because he's extremely expensive, which makes it hard to get his effect online in a timely manner.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 3 years ago

Ooh, I'm so glad someone brewed her. I love her so much.

I'm definitely going to build at some point. I really like the idea of a commander that plays with Lich effects and life loss/gain in a big way, paying for stuff with life etc. The frame I've got so far seems like there's a few more fatties (I couldn't resist Vilis, Broker of Blood, especially given the lore of Avacyn frowning upon her making deals with demons) and it's probably more risky/janky. I can't wait to give this one a whirl.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Airi
Queen of Salt

toctheyounger wrote:
3 years ago

I'm definitely going to build at some point. I really like the idea of a commander that plays with Lich effects and life loss/gain in a big way, paying for stuff with life etc. The frame I've got so far seems like there's a few more fatties (I couldn't resist Vilis, Broker of Blood, especially given the lore of Avacyn frowning upon her making deals with demons) and it's probably more risky/janky. I can't wait to give this one a whirl.
Whoops, didn't realize I forgot to subscribe to this thread to keep track of comments. Sorry :sweat:

I initially had a ton of fatties in the list, but I had to cut down like 28 cards and had to pick and choose a bit more which themes I wanted to focus on. Vilis was sadly the last to go, but I needed to get under 100 cards >.<

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 3 years ago

Airi wrote:
3 years ago
toctheyounger wrote:
3 years ago

Whoops, didn't realize I forgot to subscribe to this thread to keep track of comments. Sorry :sweat:

I initially had a ton of fatties in the list, but I had to cut down like 28 cards and had to pick and choose a bit more which themes I wanted to focus on. Vilis was sadly the last to go, but I needed to get under 100 cards >.<
Nah it's fine, I been busy myself.

From what I can tell at this point my build is going to be at least a shade spiky. I'm gonna lean into the idea of paying for things with life with Necropotence, Bolas's Citadel and K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Nefarious Lich and swinging life back up again with stuff like Tainted Sigil, Children of Korlis, Eternity Vessel and Resolute Archangel. I've done aristocrats before, so I'm not too fazed with yet another deck going down that route. It probably does mean a higher curve, and wildly swinging risky life totals and silly plays, but I think it'll be fun.

(I still can't bring myself to include Aetherflux Reservoir though, that card is just too easy to win with)
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”