Lathliss, Dragon Queen - Dragon Tribal

Dragonlover
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Dragonlover » 5 months ago

Lathliss, Dragon Queen
Approximate Total Cost:

Hi all, and welcome to my Lathliss deck! I decided to build this deck because I think dragons are awesome, but I also needed a budget deck as I can't afford all the fun toys for Jund. Also, Karrthus is kinda passe. The playstyle is fairly direct - throw dragons at the table as fast as possible and then punt the enemy in the face for as much damage as you can. You don't tend to win with Commander damage very often. There's a little bit of disruption in there and a few X-spells if for whatever reason the dragons can't get through to someone.

Currently on the possible cuts pile are Coat of Arms and Shared Animosity, more so the Coat of Arms. It has a tendency to buff other peoples boards and/or scare other players because my guys are suddenly huge. The likely replacement is Sarkhan the Masterless once I get my hands on one, so I can swing with less fear of someone coming into me while everything's tapped.

Questions, comments and so forth gratefully received!

Dragonlover

Link to MTGS thread
Last edited by Dragonlover 2 months ago, edited 4 times in total.

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 5 months ago

M20 considerations:

Drakuseth, Maw of Flames: That's a lot of mana, but I might give him a whirl. Siege Dragon seems like a decent option to swap out for him.

Rapacious Dragon: Love the flavour, and assuming it's on curve it'll guarantee turn 6 Lathliss, but after that it's just a 3/3 flyer assuming no shenanigans. Probably doesn't make the cut.

Icon of Ancestry: I think I've found my Shared Animosity replacement.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 3 months ago

So I put Panharmonicon in... yeah that's a keeper for sure! Still not grabbed an Icon of Ancestry though, I should get on that.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 2 months ago

Throne of Eldraine thoughts:

Opportunistic Dragon: Neutralise a threat, make a dragon? Probably worth a look, I know for a fact there's some fat that can be trimmed for it.

Fires of Invention: I feel like play two dragons, make two Dragons, pump my team with Lathliss is a pretty decent play. I'll cut Sarkhan's Unsealing for it most likely.

Dragonlover

weltkrieg

Post by weltkrieg » 2 months ago

Fires of invention seems like quite a good card. However, I would argue that it has serious dissynergy with Possibility storm. You don't want those two out at the same time!

If you can afford to drop lathliss, you can probably play most of the other dragons in your list. Why aren't you running sunbird's invocation? It's a 6 drop, but a stupidly powerful one and probably does a better job than fires of invention.

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 2 months ago

I had noticed the major nonbo there, I'll just play one or the other and hope not to hit Fires off a Storm trigger, cause that will suck majorly.

The Invocation is a solid call, I think I'd got it in my head that the free spell had to cost less than the one I cast and that's why I didn't run it. If the Fires of Invention turns out to be not as awesome as we'd hope I'll give it a whirl in that slot.

Dragonlover

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”