Siani, Eye of the Storm // Eligeth, Crossroads Augur - Come Fly with me, let's Scry, let's Scry away

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

With so many "partners" yet be spoiled in Commander Legends, mixing and matching at this stage seems a bit premature, but these guys are obviously worth combining for a flying and scrying build around.

I guess the first thing to point out is that there are actually no shuffle effects in this deck. No searching at all.
So you are guaranteed to be able to scry things on to the bottom of your deck and know that you won't be drawing them.
In this way the deck is very good at digging through your deck to get to cards that you want.

The deck attacks (pun intended) on various levels. It is filled with flying creatures and a lot of them are low cost to cast so that you can curve out into Siani and Eligeth filling the skies to be able to get great advantages.
The idea is that you can scry through your library to find sets of cards that are going to help you at various stages of the game with Siani, Eye of the Storm ability.
Then once you are able to successfully cast Eligeth you'll be able to draw cards equal to those scry's instead.

The deck has lots of scry outside of Siani ability as well. Lots of the flying creatures themselves have in built scry. Imagine with Eligeth in play that you get to draw each time you trigger these.
Artificer's Assistant for each artifact, saga or legendary you cast.
Faerie Seer, Augury Owl, Stormwing Entity each scry on ETB. Stormwing Entity can easily be cast for 2u in this deck.
Sphinx of Foresight gives you a scry each upkeep.
Prognostic Sphinx gives you scry 3 each attack.
Curator of Mysteries is actually a combo card in this deck when combined with Eligeth and Mind over Matter. You can discard cards to untap lands and you'll keep drawing a card each time to keep being able to do this. As you'll get to untap mana sources you can keep digging for cards that draw you even more cards and eventually you'll be able to flood the board with a squadron of flyers.
Prognostic Sphinx can be used instead of Mind over Matter to keep discarding to draw with Curator of Mysteries and Eligeth allowing you to get to key cards.

There is also a instant and sorcery sub theme with some creatures that have synergy.
Docent of Perfection and Talrand, Sky Summoner can produce token flying creatures.
Ethereal Forager can be cast for a lot less with the delve and then get those instant and sorcery back for more value.
Prescient Chimera gives you more scry and with Eligeth straight up draw each time you cast an instant or sorcery.

Shark Typhoon will produce token flyers each time you cast a noncreature spell, and you can just cycle it to get a flyer as well.

With this there are a number of great instant and sorcery that have scry as part of them.
Mystic Speculation, Serum Visions, Preordain become an Ancestral Recall with Eligeth.
Deliberate, Scour All Possibilities draw 3 cards still (with Eligeth).
Opt round out this scry theme at instant speed.

Marit Lage's Slumber will allow you to scry or draw (with Eligeth) each time you play a Snow-Covered Island.

Medomai's Prophecy and Omen of the Sea are two great scry/draw enchantments.

Thassa, God of the Sea can make creatures unblockable as well as you get the scry 1 each upkeep.

Bident of Thassa, Coastal Piracy, Reconnaissance Mission all help with draw perhaps in the absence of the commanders, as there are a lot of low cost flying creatures that should be able to get damage in on at least one opponent most games.

Come Fly with me, let's Scry, let's Scry away

Creatures (non-flying)

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by darrenhabib 3 years ago, edited 9 times in total.

Tags:

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Toshi » 3 years ago

While i'm no fan of partner commanders, this deck actually looks like a lot of fun tbh!

I was wondering why you run so few interaction - aside from counters and Cyclonic Rift. Reality Shift, Rapid Hybridization and Pongify would seem reasonable.
Gravitational Shift has been an absolute star in my Talrand, Sky Summoner deck as a baby Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, and would be just as good here.
I think the opportunity cost to run Zhalfirin Void is small enough to go up a land, i think.
I would just love to see you run Cryptic Annelid! Running it in my initial Brago, King Eternal list years ago was a big mistake, for the mere time to resolve its effect over and over, but it would be oh so fitting in this deck.

I think my top cut candidates would be Glimmer of Genius and Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer.

Anyhow, cool idea! Curious to see what's yet to come.

darrenhabib

NoNeedToBragoBoutIt wrote:
3 years ago
While i'm no fan of partner commanders, this deck actually looks like a lot of fun tbh!

I was wondering why you run so few interaction - aside from counters and Cyclonic Rift. Reality Shift, Rapid Hybridization and Pongify would seem reasonable.
Gravitational Shift has been an absolute star in my Talrand, Sky Summoner deck as a baby Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, and would be just as good here.
I think the opportunity cost to run Zhalfirin Void is small enough to go up a land, i think.
I would just love to see you run Cryptic Annelid! Running it in my initial Brago, King Eternal list years ago was a big mistake, for the mere time to resolve its effect over and over, but it would be oh so fitting in this deck.

I think my top cut candidates would be Glimmer of Genius and Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer.

Anyhow, cool idea! Curious to see what's yet to come.
I always normally start off a brew 90% synergy 10% staples+interaction and then as I get a bit more realistic I'll change to include more staples. I guess I just like to show anybody reading my lists more what can be done with synergy rather than cards that they already know work well as staples.
Plus I just find it impossible to cut anything initially, Cryptic Annelid being the example of what I last cut before I posted this list :P

I think the deck is geared waaay to much towards draw, so actually I'll swap Glimmer of Genius, Tamiyo's Epiphany, Foresee, Retreat to Coralhelm for Reality Shift, Rapid Hybridization, Pongify, Chain of Vapor.
Brazen Borrower instant side Petty Theft is a catch all. Perilous Voyage is another card I looked at.

I think mana is going to be by far the biggest bottleneck, so I'll add Mana Vault, Grim Monolith as further staples just so that Siani & Eligeth is more consistent at getting out earlier.
I figure most of the deck is around 4 mana or less, so Djinn of Wishes isn't really doing much heavy work.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 3 years ago

I had a similar knee-jerk desire to try to cook something up around these two, until I realised that you're paying ten mana across two cards for something that's not even a Windreader Sphinx :P

That said, I'm liking the shell. You've got some Flying Men, you've got some other scries, you make good use of the abilities. Maybe too good, in a way - it feels like there's a chance you might deck yourself before taking out the opposition.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 3 years ago

Rumpy5897 wrote:
3 years ago
You've got some Flying Men, you've got some other scries, you make good use of the abilities. Maybe too good, in a way - it feels like there's a chance you might deck yourself before taking out the opposition.
So, you're saying Laboratory Maniac & Jace, Wielder of Mysteries should go in? :crazy:
On second thought, they propably should.

darrenhabib

Rumpy5897 wrote:
3 years ago
I had a similar knee-jerk desire to try to cook something up around these two, until I realised that you're paying ten mana across two cards for something that's not even a Windreader Sphinx :P

That said, I'm liking the shell. You've got some Flying Men, you've got some other scries, you make good use of the abilities. Maybe too good, in a way - it feels like there's a chance you might deck yourself before taking out the opposition.
Well at least they are spread across two bodies and you get to cast Siani first to get the massive scry going. Hopefully this can get you to your Mana Crypt, Sol Ring type cards to really make the dreams happen.

The easy thing about including Thassa's Oracle in a deck like this is that you can scry it (bottom) early and know that at least you won't draw it for ages.
With the whole Curator of Mysteries + Eligeth + Mind over Matter/Prognostic Sphinx combo, Thassa's Oracle should be in the deck because it is very likely that you'd run out of library if flooding the board with attacks as you point out.

If you wanted a more causal deck then Ormos, Archive Keeper is a funny alternative with the flying theme.

darrenhabib

Well got some games in. I was always asking myself during the games "what am I scrying for?". What exactly during the games did I want?
Honestly often if I could have a wish card(s) often it would be extra turn cards once you have an small army of flyers to just keep resetting and attacking for more advantages.
However I'm playing in more casual games and extra turn cards are pretty much considered toxic so purposefully not going down that road. But if you wanted to have a more optimal deck then I would suggest Time Warp, Capture of Jingzhou, Temporal Manipulation, Temporal Mastery as additions.

The token generators with Talrand, Sky Summoner, Docent of Perfection and Shark Typhoon have ended up being one of the main goals to winning so I've also added Murmuring Mystic as well.

Just shaved on some of the bigger flyers as you don't often want to tap out to hold up counterspells or whatnot so I just never ended up casting them.
Just wanted more cheap interaction.
Because you can draw so many cards High Tide is a great way to get ahead on casting more spells in a turn.
Honestly because you always have cards, spending mana on scry land in Castle Vantress and Soldevi Excavations just hasn't happened yet and I'm not sure I ever will given you just always want to cast cards. I won't cut them yet, but just saying that it is very unlikely that games come down to activating these and maybe they are just better off Islands for High Tide.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”