Necron Reanimation Protocol aka Marchesa Bots

DizzCompleat
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by DizzCompleat » 3 years ago

For those who don't know, reanimation protocol is a rule for the necron army in 40k that let's your dead robots come back to life at end of turn. I'm not going for a theme, I just thought it was a fitting name. Abuse sacrifice loops to make everything unkillable. And win through either combat damage, turns via sieve, or marionette master triggers. I am running so much of the pay life cards just to make sure I can trigger dethrone, if I can't get a loop of some kind going. Any thoughts or input would be great.
Bots

Instant (2)

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by DizzCompleat 3 years ago, edited 5 times in total.

Tags:

plushpenguin

Post by plushpenguin » 3 years ago

I'd say the one new card that is the biggest upgrade for a deck like this is Yawgmoth, Thran Physician. Card literally wins games by itself in this deck.

Also, you really need an out to Rest in Peace and especially Collector Ouphe. I think Feed the Swarm and Chaos Warp should be in all lists of this variant because these two answer both card types.

DizzCompleat

Seems fair. But any ideas on what to drop? I am personally thinking dropping the retriever, junk diver because of the non synergy with marchesa atleast. Maybe the Trawler? idk

Kelzam

Post by Kelzam » 3 years ago

DizzCompleat wrote:
3 years ago
Seems fair. But any ideas on what to drop? I am personally thinking dropping the retriever, junk diver because of the non synergy with marchesa atleast. Maybe the Trawler? idk
Personally, I feel like Unwinding Clock could go. I get what you're going for here with Walking Ballsita and Steel Overseer, but outside of when you have Shimmer Myr on the battlefield, you really lack any sort of interaction with your opponents to worry about untapping your Artifacts on their turns. To need such a specific board state for it to be worth playing makes it a dubious include, at least in my opinion.

Beyond that, the curve in the deck is low enough that you could probably cut a land and run 35 and not run into any problems.
Level 1 Judge US-South
Founder of MTG Salvation (2005-2019), Proud New Patron of MTG Nexus! (2019+)

My CMDR Primers:

DizzCompleat

Ended up removing the guys that only made stuff cheaper, a few lands, shimmer, etc. Pretty big overhaul. Added suggested removal cards, yawgy, and some more card draw. Would be running necro but I am afraid of the BBB mana cost.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”