Obuun Elves!

UnfulfilledDesires
Pronoun: they / them

Post by UnfulfilledDesires » 3 years ago

Overview

This is the list I'm working with at the moment. It focuses on Elf synergies. The basic play pattern is to slam dorks into draw spells into more dorks & untap effects & draw spells until you reach enough resources to win.

Mirror Entity plus Wirewood Symbiote can generate infinite mana with any dork that taps for three or more. This does make all your creature 1/1, so be careful.

Outside of that combo, the deck can generate enough make an army of huge attackers via Entity or Ezuri, Renegade Leader.

Generous Patron turns Obuun's landfall trigger into "draw a card," assuming your opponents have one or more creatures & you're willing to buff them.

I'm thinking of this as a higher-powered casual deck.

Obuun Elves!

Commander (1)

Artifact (1)

Planeswalker (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Entity Symbiote Combo
You need an active Priest of Titania or other creature that taps for three or more mana along with Mirror Entity & Wirewood Symbiote. Tap the dork for 3. Use 1 to activate Entity's ability. Symbiote is now an Elf & can return itself. Activate Symbiote to target the dork, returning itself. Recast Symbiote for a single green. You have a mana left over & can repeat this process, netting 1 mana (or more) each time. You can then make your creatures arbitrary huge via Entity.

Obuun Tricks
Why run Obuun? Our new commander offers a bit more utility for Naya Elves than Mayael the Anima. With Generous Patron, we can target our opponents creatures with Obuun's landfall trigger, gaining a card each time. We can target Selvala, Heart of the Wilds or Marwyn, the Nurturer for extra mana. If all else fails, we can use these triggers to protect low-toughness creatures from damage-based removal or pursue a beatdown plan with Obuun. Fetchlands, Oracle of Mul Daya, Skyshroud Ranger, Radha, Heart of Keld, Wood Elves, & so on facilitate additional landfall triggers.

Possible Cuts
I'm not thrilled with Gyre Sage, Grand Warlord Radha, or Molten Echoes (because of double red) in solo testing so far.

Return to “Decklists”