Sisay, Weatherlight Captain Historic Matters

Noir
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Noir » 3 years ago

Hello all, I wanted to post my Sisay deck I've been playing and slowly working on over the last few months. If anyone has some recommendations please let me know! Thank you!
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by Noir 3 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Tags:

Noir

So I played with the deck a few times over the weekend and really didn't care for Jegantha as companion... and to be honest after the new companion ruling I never once brought them to my hand to play. I found that in each of my games my mana ramp and generation is good enough to not need access to them outside of the 99 so I moved them mainboard. This now frees me up to switch up a lot of stuff in the deck since I'm no longer bogged down by Jegantha's restrictions.

Over the course of multiple games I've discovered I really need more legendary cards that deal with destroying/exiling permanents. I was desperate to get some removal but realized most of my legends didn't really do that at all and Urza's Ruinous Blast I could not tutor with Sisay herself (later I did realize I could get with Captain Sisay..) So I made the following changes adding in a much larger planeswalker suite:

In:
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight (finisher)
Demonic Tutor (in order to get things situationally that my commander can't)
Ashiok, Dream Render
Nahiri, the Harbinger
Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God
Sarkhan the Masterless
Chromatic Orrery
Sword of Sinew and Steel
Heroic Intervention

Out:
Gilded Lotus (too slow)
Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner (never needed to use her and was a dead draw)
Jhoira's Familiar (not really relevant since I don't really play historic cards from hand)
Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain (may put her back in if I feel I need more draw, reki does work himself tho)
Kambal (never needed him)
Muldrotha (brought her out once and she didn't really do much, I have kenrith for reanimation which I like much better)
Noble Hierarch (have plenty of mana already)
Nylea, Keen-Eyed (served really no purpose)
Raff Capashen (he could come back but sisay can activate at instant speed anyways so didnt feel like i needed him)

Theoric
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Theoric » 3 years ago

One thing I liked about Jegantha as companion is how she alone makes Sisay a 4/4, which is enough to cheat out Derevi, untapping Jegantha, and start a chain of cheating out everything I want that turn.
If you don't have Jegantha as companion, I'd say the best card in the deck is bloom tender which I don't see here.

Noir

Made some updates:

Out:
Frontier Bivouac
Nurturing Peatland
Sarkhan the Masterless
Sword of Sinew and Steel
Birds of Paradise
Xenagos, God of Revels

In:
Reflecting Pool
Sunpetal Grove
Lithoform Engine
Shadowspear
Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate
Yasharn, Implacable Earth

I am considering moving Jegantha back to companion - doing so I would have to ditch Gisela, Nicol Bolas and Ashiok but I think I can find better replacements.
Theoric wrote:
3 years ago
One thing I liked about Jegantha as companion is how she alone makes Sisay a 4/4, which is enough to cheat out Derevi, untapping Jegantha, and start a chain of cheating out everything I want that turn.
If you don't have Jegantha as companion, I'd say the best card in the deck is bloom tender which I don't see here.
I like that interaction with Derevi and Jegantha but how do you keep chaining it? As for Bloom Tender I would love to get a copy but have not yet been able to.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”