The Locust God

Reaper_RM
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Reaper_RM » 3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to test these out on cockatrice and see how they interact. On another note, I'm very excited about a card that was spoiled Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge. This would be great for this deck I think and I can't wait to pick one up.

Reaper_RM

Update: Making a couple changes based on recommendations and what I've been mulling over.

Out:
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
Call to Mind
Mystic Retrieval
Cephalid Looter

In:
Fellwar Stone
Izzet Charm
Mission Briefing
Underworld Breach

Added one more mana rock and a cheap instant speed draw spell that has other utility. The 2 recursion pieces are being tested out based on recommendation.

Reaper_RM

Update 9-29-20:

Got the new cards in I was waiting on. Still trying to find a minty Intruder Alarm.

Out:
Whir of Invention
Reckless Scholar

In:
Deliberate
Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge

Reaper_RM

Got quite a few games in this weekend. The recent changes have been really solid and I am impressed. Thanks for the suggestions for Mission Briefing and Underworld Breach. Those two have caused some tilts, specially Breach.

Deliberate was definitely the cantrip draw I was looking for. Never felt wrong playing it. Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge is just nuts. It either gets me the cards I need or if I'm in a good position, I just take over and win.

Overall, I'm pretty happy where the deck is at the moment. Still waiting on my Intruder Alarm and the deck will be complete. The only thing I could think of to improve upon is maybe upgrading rocks and counters to better options win budget allows.

Reaper_RM

Update 10/20/20:

Made a minor land swap.

Out:
Mana Confluence

In:
Mountain

Just like in my Scarab God deck, I've removed Confluence so I don't lose life tapping my land. Shivan Reef gives me the option not to lose life, so it will stay in. A basic mountain is decent filler for the moment. Considering the new Riverglide Pathway // Lavaglide Pathway as a permanent replacement.

Reaper_RM

Post by Reaper_RM » 2 years ago

Update 1/12/22:

After about a year and half hiatus with life/injuries, I'm finally able to devote time to my hobby. That being said, I'm trying to figure out where I left off with this deck and where I was going. With all the sets that came out since, I have my work cut out for me updating and tuning again. So feel free to drop in suggestions reopen discussions on how to improve this deck.

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 2 years ago

Hope you are doing better! Yeah, there have been a ton of new cards this last year. For this deck you might look at:

Frostboil Snarl
Stormcarved Coast for casual commander I think this new cycle is great!
Change of Fortune another Wheel of Fortune wanna be. Not too bad
Curiosity Crafter if you are going more creature heavy I think this could be good but it works well with your commander
Jeska's Will one of the best rituals we have now imo

we also have treasure based "rituals" and mana generation in izzet which is super cool

Prismari Command
Visions of Ruin
Unexpected Windfall
Storm-Kiln Artist

EDIT: oh yeah and Urza's Saga is a great little tutor
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Reaper_RM

Post by Reaper_RM » 2 years ago

Doing much better thank you!

After looking at your suggestions, I did a little digging through all the new stuff. Might have to try some of them out. Some might even be strictly better upgrades to other cards in the deck. I'll have to give it some thought. Any suggestions on what goes or stays is welcome.

Side note: I know I was going to add Intruder Alarm, but for the life of me, I forgot what it was going to replace.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”