What you do, I do

Millenhero
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Millenhero » 3 years ago

This is a deck I based on an episonde of game knights of the youtube channel of commandzone.
it's a deck with copy/clone and a bit of politics in them, this is the first rough draft, and I'm not quite sure this has any potential, not as much as a CEDH deck, but rather a good Casual deck designed to have good fun
Whatever you do, I do better!
Approximate Total Cost:

RowanKeltizar
Firemind
Pronoun: he / him

Post by RowanKeltizar » 3 years ago

Overall, I like the concept and the color combinations here allow for some unique interactions and card choices.

The most obvious improvement I can suggest is to try to get your mana curve below 3.0, especially since you don't have a lot of ramp spells. I also strongly recommend sorting your list by card function rather than card type since it helps you see what the deck is trying to do and get the right ratios of effects. Cuts become more apparent as well.

The problem with a 4 color deck is the temptation to throw all the good-stuff in which can dilute your overall strategy. Sorting the deck should really help focus your strategy. You can check out my decklists for an example.

Secondly, I don't know how much your commanders are doing for you, outside of some marginal political gain or just not attracting any hate. Gaining life by itself isn't often the best effect outside of a deck that can really capitalize on that lifegain and giving your opponents card advantage is often not advisable either. I understand you are going for more of a political strategy, but I can't help but think that this is one of your weaker points. Sadly, there just aren't that many other choices for Glint Eye.

I know this is probably not thematically interesting to you Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder has the possibility of generating you a lot of card advantage which is something I see lacking in your list. Something to think about. Works pretty well with a higher mana curve as well.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic