Will & Rowan Kenrith - Sparks of Ice and Fire (Superfriends)

Kelzam
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Kelzam » 4 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
4 years ago
Kelzam wrote:
4 years ago
darrenhabib wrote:
4 years ago
Yeah I held out for as long as I could, I do feel a bit guilty about putting the build into the more competitive zone and pricing people out of seemly playing it.
But at the same time, if people have the cards already then might as well show them an optimal build with still most of the same ideas.
Hey darren, just wanted to confirm something I had the impression of - but you pretty much exclusively play on MTGO, right? I feel like hear you mention that more than any LGS gameplay examples or anything, and particularly when you've mentioned the amount of testing you've done on some of your decks that don't seem feasible in paper. The biggest reason I ask is when talking about price point, etc., MTGO is generally way more affordable than paper Magic. I wanted to know if I was wrong in that impression or if you do actually play the decks in your primers at a table top somewhere :) Plus for consideration since MTGO doesn't really have a "meta" to speak of like most LGS do.
95% of my play is online.

I do have a paper group I play with about every second week. We've all been playing since about 1994 so have a lot of the good cards from over the last several decades. We are all collectors.
However I'm the poorest among them, so will proxy a lot of my cards, especially newer cards. The others have followed suite somewhat and will just print out cards if wanting to test something new for the decks, rather than wait to purchase. And of course nobody cares among friends.

The price of digital cards in general is of course a fraction of the cost, although sometimes you get the opposite.
Imperial Seal is $5 on MTGO, where its $400 IRL.
But you get odds things like Lord Windgrace is $52 on MTGO and $4.20 IRL.

So budget is basically no restriction for me in both MTGO and for paper. I have been wary in the past about just jamming every single expensive mana rock and tutor into my threads, as it sort of doesn't resonate with most players, but at the same time I find it hard not to find the optimal build within the stipulations I have for the concepts of the decks. So in the end budget doesn't become a factor.

Most of the decks I post in the forums are aimed at online experiences, rather than my paper group.
The reason is that stax and control does dominate a lot of the builds for my paper meta and trying to make decks to always fit around certain prison strategies isn't that relevant or interesting for most commander players.

I specifically don't play "casual" queues online with most of the decks I have listed on the forum.
That is I'll wait for queues that have comments like "power 7-9", "competitive", "anything goes".
Now granted peoples ideas of what this means can be a little off, some people still join with under-powered decks for the perceived level of competition.
But I think that people just want to test their decks against more competitive decks to see how they handle and realize that they are still way off.

I also won't join "cEDH" queues with these decks either. I have cEDH decks that I'll use for top tier queues (Zur, Thrasios/Tymna).
Thanks for elaborating! I love reading your primers and value your opinion on Commander, so it's nice to have that sort of context to consider when reading and considering what's being posted by you and others in threads :)
Level 1 Judge US-South
Founder of MTG Salvation (2005-2019), Proud New Patron of MTG Nexus! (2019+)

My CMDR Primers:

Tags:

when cats cant fly
always
Pronoun: he / him

Post by when cats cant fly » 4 years ago

I play paper mtg and I've use your decklist as a reference for my will - rowan deck and I was wondering why you didn't include repeated reverberation in the deck. I include it in my deck and I love how it allows you to copy loyalty abilities in addition to instants/sorceries and it copies it twice.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

when cats cant fly wrote:
4 years ago
I play paper mtg and I've use your decklist as a reference for my will - rowan deck and I was wondering why you didn't include repeated reverberation in the deck. I include it in my deck and I love how it allows you to copy loyalty abilities in addition to instants/sorceries and it copies it twice.
I have to admit I've never tried it. The thing that didn't quite sell me is that copying loyalty abilities doesn't actually add more loyalty.
Also the fact that you can't actually use Will [-2] cost reduction to help pay for the card if wanting to actually copy Will ability.
But I'm sure its a powerful card when you line it up with something.
I'll give it a go in my instant and sorcery graveyard as a resource version. Should get some fun stuff going with it.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

Normally I'd hold off and do a full round of evaluations before I post on specific cards from new sets, but I feel like I need to talk about this one as its quite special for this particular deck.
Lands are always great because there isn't as big a cost to opening up slots for the idea.

I've played colorless lands before that look to accelerate the process of adding loyalty counters and thus getting emblems more quickly with Karn's Bastion and Forge of Heroes.
However neither of them worked out as needing the additional mana to activate them was asking too much to use them practically.

Nesting Grounds is more efficient as you can use it on following turns unlike Forge of Heroes (need to use same turn as casting planeswalker!) where you might actually have the spare mana and Karn's Bastion although more powerful, just is too much to spend during a turn.

Now the other factor with Nesting Grounds is that you can actually use it with Magosi, the Waterveil.
I've already outlined a complicated way to get infinite turns with basically setting up multiple Rowan emblems, but there is a way to use Nesting Grounds, Magosi, the Waterveil and Deserted Temple and a Rowan emblem to get infinite turns.

You need to sequence in this sort of way. But you need at least a Rowan emblem.

1.) Activate Magosi, the Waterveil with a Rowan emblem to put 2 x Eon counters. You will have 2 x skipped turns at this stage.
2.) Use Deserted Temple to untap Magosi, the Waterveil and Deserted Temple (with the Rowan emblem).
3.) Use Nesting Grounds to move an Eon counter to any permanent (doesn't really matter).
4.) Use Magosi, the Waterveil to take an extra turn and Rowan emblem will give you 2 x extra turns.
With the skipped turns and extra turns you are now left no additional turns. However you now have an Eon counter on another permanent.
5.) Play Magosi, the Waterveil as your land drop for the turn tapped.
6.) Use Deserted Temple to untap Magosi, the Waterveil and Nesting Grounds.
7.) Use Nesting Grounds to move an Eon counter to Magosi, the Waterveil.
8.) Activate Magosi, the Waterveil to get 2 x extra turns, and this is infinite turns.

You'll need 4u to activate the Deserted Temple, Nesting Grounds and Magosi, the Waterveil, and obviously the lands themselves can't be used as they are being used for the combo, so it does suggest that you have access to a reasonable amount of mana.
Of course if you have one of the double mana lands in Izzet Boilerworks or Ancient Tomb then you can get infinite mana anyway with the Rowan emblem and Deserted Temple.

I'm tempted to run Tolaria West again as a way to search for combo lands, as you can get 2 x lands with a Rowan emblem. This way you'll only need one of the lands already and you can search for the other two.

There is another way to combo with Karn's Bastion without needing a Rowan emblem, but you still need Nesting Grounds, Magosi, the Waterveil and Deserted Temple and the mana requirements keep creeping up with that in mind, plus I really don't want to play too many colorless lands in the deck.

Elywood

Post by Elywood » 3 years ago

The new Fierce Guardianship should be an auto include in this yea? What do you think about Deflecting Swat as well (or any of the new cmd20/ikoria cards)?

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

Elywood wrote:
3 years ago
The new Fierce Guardianship should be an auto include in this yea? What do you think about Deflecting Swat as well (or any of the new cmd20/ikoria cards)?
To be honest I'm not sure on either of the cards considering the Will & Rowan do cost 6 mana, so its not like these cards get turn on for the alternative cost during the early game.

I don't play many counterspells either. Would I replace any of them with Fierce Guardianship?
I mean possibly Pact of Negation or Arcane Denial. I'll probably give Fierce Guardianship a go over Arcane Denial and I can take mental notes on if I felt it was better being a two mana hard counter, or a conditional counter.

I think Deflecting Swat is amazing in some deck, I have it hall-marked for a few already, but there is less targeted removal specifically for planeswalkers, so it might be a bit narrow for the deck, and again only turned on for the alt cost when I have to cast a 6 mana spell.

Elywood

darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago
Elywood wrote:
3 years ago
To be honest I'm not sure on either of the cards considering the Will & Rowan do cost 6 mana, so its not like these cards get turn on for the alternative cost during the early game.

I don't play many counterspells either. Would I replace any of them with Fierce Guardianship?
I mean possibly Pact of Negation or Arcane Denial. I'll probably give Fierce Guardianship a go over Arcane Denial and I can take mental notes on if I felt it was better being a two mana hard counter, or a conditional counter.
Hm.. Interesting. I was actually thinking the opposite in that it could potentially let you cast your PW (especially Will/Rowan) early or more aggressively since you can hold up a free counter essentially. But you have a point that the most immediate threats to your PWs are probably creatures

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 3 years ago

Interesting to hear your thoughts on Freegate. I guess not even the best of these free spells is as autoinclude as it smells from afar. C20 splashiness in full effect - look badass, reveal you're not actually as powercrept as you seem once examined.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Temptsu

Post by Temptsu » 3 years ago

Is there anyway I could View the article before the March, 01 update? I was currently building the deck at that iteration of it and would love to be able to reread the post before the huge underworld breach changes

darrenhabib

Temptsu wrote:
3 years ago
Is there anyway I could View the article before the March, 01 update? I was currently building the deck at that iteration of it and would love to be able to reread the post before the huge underworld breach changes
I did find an earlier version backup, but I don't know if its exactly all the cards before the update, but it seems pretty close.

On the whole the content is the same, just the card choices have explanations around the older cards and obviously the list doesn't have the newer updates.

I've sent the entire thing to you in a message. Let me know if you can read it, might format funky in messages.

Openil

Post by Openil » 3 years ago

I love this list and used it as the basis for my own version, really curious about your thoughts on the M21 walkers, specifically the Teferri, and both Chandra (I know you aren't afraid to consider the planeswalker deck walkers and this one seems good?)

darrenhabib

Openil wrote:
3 years ago
I love this list and used it as the basis for my own version, really curious about your thoughts on the M21 walkers, specifically the Teferri, and both Chandra (I know you aren't afraid to consider the planeswalker deck walkers and this one seems good?)
I did a break down of Teferi, Master of Time for my Aminatou deck, you can check out the post here => http://nxs.wf/np92195
He is a really powerful planeswalker and can put in a lot of work during a game. I'm definitely going to give him a go with Will & Rowan.
If you get to ultimate him then the 2 extra turns will essentially win you the game, because that always means a guaranteed Rowan emblem.

Teferi's Ageless Insight is a card that I've been trying in a few decks and obviously combining with Will [-2] to draw 4 cards is pretty good.
However you need supporting draw cards in my opinion to spend a card and a 4 mana spell to warrant it. That is things like cantrips, Ponder, Preordain, etc.
Maybe further cards like Thirst for Knowledge, Chart a Course, Deep Analysis as examples. So my build doesn't support it in its current form.

Sublime Epiphany is another interesting card. Could only cost 2uu with Will [-2] and does a lot of things. However without really creatures to copy consistently in this deck, a lot of the value is missed.

Chandra, Heart of Fire plus abilities are a little bit narrow. Discarding your hand to blindly hope for 3 relevant cards is a bit risky. 2 damage might be fine in some games but not high impact.
Currently there isn't that many red instants or sorcery either so the [-9] isn't particular enticing either.
I you look at my "Alternative Planeswalker" section where I have "Configuring the deck to use planeswalkers with instant, sorcery and/or graveyard abilities." then Chandra, Heart of Fire could be an option for that deck.
There are some good red instants or sorcery and discarding your hand can be totally used in conjunction with what the rest of the deck is doing.
The best example is that you've been filtering through your deck, and then you ultimate Chandra to get at least Mizzix's Mastery and you add 6 mana which can pay for most of the Mastery.

Chromatic Orrery would have been an auto include back when used to run Paradox Engine as colored mana is so important.
It could be literally the most potent target for untap with Ral Zarek, Tezzeret the Seeker, Teferi, Temporal Archmage.
If it wasn't Legendary then I'd also consider it as you could copy it for the purposes of Saheeli Rai or Saheeli, Sublime Artificer (if in deck).
Spending mana for any color also means that you can use the planeswalkers that provide red mana to filter for blue which is exactly what you want.
However I only play Chandra, Torch of Defiance and Koth of the Hammer currently, as opposed to also Chandra, Novice Pyromancer and Chandra, Bold Pyromancer.
So I'm going to keep an eye out constantly for Chromatic Orrery if the build ever gets back to a stage of supporting it more.

Openil

Post by Openil » 3 years ago

Thanks for the breakdown, I opened a foil showcase Chandra and was excited for a moment but i agree, ultimately underwhelming. I fun a few more creatures than you but even then not enough for Sublime Epiphany. I am especially interested in your thoughts on Chandra, Flame's Catalyst, while her -2 has a similar problem of caring about instant and sorcery in the yard her + being 3 damage and her ultimate being almost a 1 turn omniscience she seems very interesting.

I need to figure out what to cut for Teferi, Master of Time, I also opened og Ugin which i am considering finding a place for, board wipes are especially important in my meta. I hadn't considered Teferi's Ageless Insight, certainly interesting I worry dropping it on 4 is a bit do nothing and playing it after Will isn't impactful enough? Maybe I am under valuing it.

Apologies I don't know how to link cards, literally made aan account to comment in this thread, i usually use tapped out like a neanderthal.

darrenhabib

Openil wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks for the breakdown, I opened a foil showcase Chandra and was excited for a moment but i agree, ultimately underwhelming. I fun a few more creatures than you but even then not enough for Sublime Epiphany. I am especially interested in your thoughts on Chandra, Flame's Catalyst, while her -2 has a similar problem of caring about instant and sorcery in the yard her + being 3 damage and her ultimate being almost a 1 turn omniscience she seems very interesting.

I need to figure out what to cut for Teferi, Master of Time, I also opened og Ugin which i am considering finding a place for, board wipes are especially important in my meta. I hadn't considered Teferi's Ageless Insight, certainly interesting I worry dropping it on 4 is a bit do nothing and playing it after Will isn't impactful enough? Maybe I am under valuing it.

Apologies I don't know how to link cards, literally made aan account to comment in this thread, i usually use tapped out like a neanderthal.
Chandra, Flame's Catalyst is up against some pretty stiff competition in similar roles for strong ultimates that take 4 or 5 turns.
Jace, Architect of Thought sort of does a similar thing, but rather than a random 7 you get to actually choose from among decks. Then his other abilities are very relevant.
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage ultimate is pretty unbeatable. Other abilities provide protection and draw.
Tezzeret, Artifice Master ultimate will soon take over a game. Other abilities provide protection and draw.
Jace, Unraveler of Secrets is hard to play around once you get the emblem and again other abilities are decent.
Chandra, Pyromaster is likely to hit an extra turn card, so taking 3 turns in a row is pretty incredible. The [0] is card advantage but doesn't provide more loyalty however.
Jaya Ballard emblem can be used to recast extra turn cards for example. Her other abilities certainly can be used well.
Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer actually has a similar clock as far as turns to ultimate and other abilities provide protection. Tapping Islands for draw is pretty incredible.
Ral, Caller of Storms gives you the draw without the Omniscience, but his other abilities offer card advantages.
Ral, Izzet Viceroy in the right supporting build, say those that play more cheap spells like Ponder, Preordain, etc, the ultimate will be great.

The reason I've listed a bunch of planeswalkers like this is just to put the goal of ultimating and balancing out the other abilities of cards, which is very relevant to the performances of those cards most games.
Chandra, Flame's Catalyst does have a good ultimate, but her other abilities are very limited.

Now once again Chandra, Flame's Catalyst would shine in the "Alternative Planeswalker" deck with "Configuring the deck to use planeswalkers with instant, sorcery and/or graveyard abilities."
Discarding your hand doesn't even matter that much in that particular deck when looking to go off in a single turn.
Also the [-2] is good in that deck as there are much more red instants and sorcery to target.

I do play Omniscience in the deck, which costs 10 mana, and Chandra, Flame's Catalyst costs 6 mana and takes 4 turns, so there is a correlation there. But obviously protecting a planeswalker is different to waiting to have enough mana.

Ugin is a fine choice no matter which way you look at him. He has the ability to just win games on his own sometimes. Always a scary prospect for opponents.

I agree about Teferi's Ageless Insight. I was trying it out in my Niambi, Esteemed Speaker and I just never really got a "turn off" to cast it. That is I had to be doing much more reactive or proactive things each turn, rather than taking a turn to setup for later.
So it has to be in exactly the right type of builds that can really abuse it.

Elywood

Hey @darrenhabib are you still playing this deck pretty regularly? I was looking to re-tune mine up a bit this weekend with the new M21 cards - mostly looking at new Tef (which you've reviewed pretty positively a few posts up) and the new Orrery as well! I've slowly moved my list more towards an artifact/planeswalker focus (added in Daretti) so the Orrery is pretty interesting to me albeit fairly expensive at 7cmc.. Any new updates you're looking at making to your list?

darrenhabib

Elywood wrote:
3 years ago
Hey @darrenhabib are you still playing this deck pretty regularly? I was looking to re-tune mine up a bit this weekend with the new M21 cards - mostly looking at new Tef (which you've reviewed pretty positively a few posts up) and the new Orrery as well! I've slowly moved my list more towards an artifact/planeswalker focus (added in Daretti) so the Orrery is pretty interesting to me albeit fairly expensive at 7cmc.. Any new updates you're looking at making to your list?
Hi. I don't get as many reps in these days than I should. I play probably one game every 2 weeks, something like that. Its just because I have so many decks and I like to take the new ones for a spin as much as I can.

The changes I have made recently is that I've taken out Ward of Bones. It just proved to be not very impactful at the 6 mana cost. Its just a little too late to the party each time and I never really got opportunities to cast it where I thought I had enough of a long game to get value out of it.

I also took out the classic Dramatic Reversal and Isochron Scepter combo, simply because the deck has its own unque ways of getting indefinite/infinite mana. At the end of the day it is 2 cards dedicated to basically do only one thing. Sure the Dramatic Reversal was meant to also be used with Underworld Breach as a way to generate mana as well, but so far I haven't needed to combo with Breach, and Frantic Search is the alternative for the Breach plan.

I added an additional land in Nesting Grounds for combos and getting Rowan to emblem sooner.
Teferi, Master of Time to try out, but haven't played it yet.
Dockside Extortionist as a way to get a surge of mana, and you can actually combo with Cloudstone Curio and another creature, although the deck only has Deepglow Skate and Spark Double, but still.
Plus you can copy Dockside Extortionist with Saheeli Rai [-2] meaning that you can look to combo with Cloudstone Curio and enough treasures each time. The copy is an artifact (as well) so won't trigger Cloudstone Curio, but you are using 2x planeswalkers and if you can produce enough mana to keep casting the planewalkers then you get to go infinite in some manner.

darrenhabib

I found some easy replacement cards from Zendikar Rising for this deck.

Sea Gate Restoration and Shatterskull Smashing can just replace a basic Island and Mountain to give the deck more flexibility and with Will [-2] cost reduction on sorceries these can actually be played for the spell effects more often, but most of the time they'll just be towards your land count.

As far as the other spells/lands they come into play tapped, and there isn't anything quite appealing enough to include for me.

Lithoform Engine has certainly a lot of potential for value. But it does come at real costs to enable and finding a ratio of particular cards in your deck to fully utilize each ability is more narrow than you'd think.
I do have Rings of Brighthearth in the deck already so I am onboard the way you can double up of activated abilities. But Lithoform Engine does tap so its ability to provide multiple value in a turn and also used for infinite's is way more limited.
So there is no shortage of activated abilities, how about triggered abilities? Looking for keywords "when," "whenever," or "at".
To be honest there really isn't a lot. Dockside Extortionist and Deepglow Skate are probably the best examples, but because you have to tap Lithoform Engine you can't even look to use the "Copy target activated or triggered ability you control." and also the "Copy target permanent spell you control" in the same turn for additional value.
Copying instant and sorcery is fine with card advantage spells like Frantic Search, Brainstorm, Tezzeret's Gambit, Fact or Fiction. Mystic Confluence, Release to the Wind.
It requires 3 so it's likely that you would have Will [-2] cost reduction in order to justify copying a spell this way.
The extra turn cards are amazing with this, and again likely done with Will [-2] cost reduction, so you'd only need an additional mana on top of the cost extra turn card.
So for example with Will [-2] a Time Warp costs 1uu and the Lithoform Engine cost 3 so that is 4uu all up and this is very feasible sequence.
Finally the "{4}, {T}: Copy target permanent spell you control. (The copy becomes a token.)" is more limited in potential due to planeswalkers being legendary so copying them is a bit of a waste of time (or any legendary permanent).
It's mainly just artifact mana and Rhystic Study or Mystic Remora that can be copied in a meaningful way.
As far as infinite's, it can give you unlimited untaps with Dramatic Reversal and enough artifacts to pay for activating it.
It just so happens that I took out Dramatic Reversal and Isochron Scepter a little while back as there application in the deck was a bit narrow.
So there would be a major case to include them if you wanted to extend Lithoform Engine use in the deck.
But there is enough going on with this card that I think it's worth a slot to give it a try.

SaintForthigan

Post by SaintForthigan » 3 years ago

How has the Lithoform Engine been playing out for you since you added it?

darrenhabib

SaintForthigan wrote:
3 years ago
How has the Lithoform Engine been playing out for you since you added it?
Hi, actually I haven't cast it yet, but I just haven't been playing the deck at all. I just cut down on play time for Magic in general and I've been playing my Commander Legends when I do.
Sorry I'll give you my opinion when I've got to play it in a game.

darrenhabib

We got ourselves a baaaaaaaaaaaaangeeeeeeeeeer. Rowan, Scholar of Sparks // Will, Scholar of Frost coming in hot and they are excellent for the deck.
Rowan, Scholar of Sparks is a 3 mana walker that has a two turn ultimate just like her older self. The emblem however is basically Will Kenrith emblem but it costs 2 to copy. Oh well look at that Will Kenrith [-2] makes things cost 2 less, very convenient.
I've gotten Will Kenrith emblem many times before and once you cast an extra turn card to double up on it, you close the game out pretty much.
So play an early Rowan, Scholar of Sparks and getting the emblem is going to be a huge game. As I say any extra turn card that is copied means that you can look to ultimate her other Rowan for the other emblem.
Now Will, Scholar of Frost could be a nice play as a precursor to casting Will Kenrith as you can lock 3 creatures down.
He has a draw 2 as well for card advantages.
If you get his [-7] you can perhaps target all the best permanents (including lands) and say follow that up with a Blasphemous Act for like r to clear the board.
Both of them make instant and sorcery cost 1 less to combine with Will Kenrith cost reduction.

I'm pretty excited about this one so I'm making a few adjustments to the deck to accommodate a little more for the Scholars.
Because of the cost reduction on both sides I want to run some more instant and sorcery that can give card advantages.
I wanted them to be around 3-5 mana to make use of cost reduction.
I decided on Jeska's Will, Baral's Expertise, Fiery Confluence, Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge.
I want to give Jeska's Will a chance. Both mana or card advantage is the sort of thing I'm looking for. Playing it on turn 3 to get 6 mana means casting potentially Rowan early so there is that.
Baral's Expertise when it costs less is such a powerful tempo swing. Return say 3 creatures and then put a 4 or less planeswalker into play is where you want to be at.
Fiery Confluence I've played before but just going to swap for Vandalblast as I want more versatility.
Valakut Awakening // Valakut Stoneforge is another spell and I'm happy to add another land to the deck as you are always happy to hit land drops even if it does come into play tapped.

I think Koth of the Hammer is getting a little weak for the deck now. The fact that it doesn't have any card draw does limit its uses and as time goes on more Izzet dual lands get printed, which just means I less inclined to play Mountain. Plus I've never actually used Koth emblem in a meaningful way.
Omniscience is a game winning card of course but might as well lean into the cost reduction a little more with the new Rowan, Scholar of Sparks // Will, Scholar of Frost helping out there.
I only got to play Lithoform Engine once and it is just a little too mana intensive to feel good about it truly being good for the deck. It is a powerful late game spell, but this is already a powerful late game deck.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 2 years ago

I gave the primer a long due clean up. I've gone for a less is more approach and just made things a bit more concise. Most of the details are still in there but I've bundled things up more. My problem is doing information overload as I get excited by interactions but somebody reading the thread for the first time can only absorb so much information.

demonicpic

Post by demonicpic » 2 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
2 years ago
My problem is doing information overload as I get excited by interactions but somebody reading the thread for the first time can only absorb so much information.
I just finished reading your primer for the first time, from beginning to end, and it was superb, I loved every sentence of it. Please don't hold back on details, you're a g-dd-mn genius for putting this all together and it's a gift to the community. But I need to apologize in advance... I've sleeved up a copy of your brew and I will now go forth and utterly embarrass myself while I try to master it, and I fear I may sully the good reputation of the Kenrith twins which you have worked so hard to improve. I really hope you continue keeping up this primer, it's just wonderful, thank you!

darrenhabib

demonicpic wrote:
2 years ago
I just finished reading your primer for the first time, from beginning to end, and it was superb, I loved every sentence of it. Please don't hold back on details, you're a g-dd-mn genius for putting this all together and it's a gift to the community. But I need to apologize in advance... I've sleeved up a copy of your brew and I will now go forth and utterly embarrass myself while I try to master it, and I fear I may sully the good reputation of the Kenrith twins which you have worked so hard to improve. I really hope you continue keeping up this primer, it's just wonderful, thank you!
Thanks for the compliments it makes creating threads that much more rewarding when you know people appreciate the effort.

Kuratudu

Post by Kuratudu » 2 years ago

darrenhabib

Kuratudu wrote:
2 years ago
What about The Deck of Many Things ?
You quite often would have 5 or more cards in hand so you would always have around about 1/4 of a chance to discard your hand which is pretty scary.
I tried a modal type card with Lithoform Engine and I actually never used it because there are normally more mana efficient plays that you can do.
I feel like The Deck of Many Things would run into the same issue of not being mana efficient enough for the rewards.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”