Genju: Enchantment Pile

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 3 years ago

This deck started out as two different enchantment/enchantress decks: Narset, Enlightened Master and Uril, the Miststalker. I ended up mashing them together to make just a pile of good enchantments, but there's not a on-theme commander for such a list. I play the technically illegal Genju of the Realm because it's the only legendary enchantment in the colors. I always ask the group for permission, and note that it is incapable of commander damage, because the land becomes the creature.

For those who would like to play a pile of enchantments with a legal commander, Esika, God of the Tree // The Prismatic Bridge can be played almost interchangeably. I personally prefer Genju, but have The Bridge sleeved up in case an opponent requests it.

The main theme of the deck is, obviously, enchantments. The ramp, disruption, draw engines, and win-conditions are enchantments only. The only non-enchantment permanents are enchantress effects and a source of constellation triggers.

The sub-focus of the deck is man-lands and Humility, because the replacement effects can be stacked to have Genju of the Realm on Wandering Fumarole become a trampling 12/8 creature in a world of 1/1s.

If The Prismatic Bridge is your commander, then dropping out another enchantress draw engine every turn can be very powerful.
enchantment pile

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Winconditions, Synergies, and Lockouts of various degrees of goodstuff. Ideally set up via Enduring Ideal. In practice the deck runs slowly, but can have extremely explosive turns off of dream halls and chaining enchantments.

This is being posted for record keeping, but feel free to comment.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”