Silas & Ludevic - An artificial love story

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cheonice » 3 years ago

Ludevic & Silas - An artificial love story

:love:

History and Strategy

The most fun I ever had with an artifact deck was with Daretti, Scrap Savant. But going without Blue excluded so many cards. I had high hopes for Saheeli, the Gifted, but ultimately she prooved to be too linear to be enjoyable. 4-colour-partners with Silas Renn, Seeker Adept and Akiri, Line-Slinger on a budget was not a good deck either. I had to try something new.

So I took the parts from Daretti I liked most, added some blue supporters and called it a day. But neither Silas nor Ludevic are really strong fighters on their own. They need to deal damage to get the work done. Cards like Mask of Riddles or Trailblazer's Boots support this strategy, while Blackblade Reforged and Cranial Plating create big monsters - Ikoria style.

Another focus of the deck is artifact recursion. Over the years Wizard printed several goodies: Goblin Welder, Emry, Lurker of the Loch and Scrap Trawler. Krark-Clan Ironworks is the best sac outlet one can wish for. In combination with Spine of Ish Sah things get ugly really fast.

Other than that the deck is filled with gimicky cards like Etherium-Horn Sorcerer or Mirage Mirror, Beaters like Wurmcoil Engine and good old Sol Ring.

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Future Considerations

I want to test some of the spellbombs: Executioner's Capsule, Nihil Spellbomb and Flight Spellbomb.
Other cards to consider: Retrofitter Foundry, Manifold Key.

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”