Kynaios and Tiro: Help them hit each other

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 4 years ago

Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis was printed back in 2016, and quickly became a herald of group-hug decks everywhere. However, I've never been the biggest fan or the stereotypical group-hug plan where resources are given away. I never really liked playing or playing against them, it's just a personal playstyle preference.

Years later, after trying and failing to make a landfall focused Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis deck, I arrived at a plan to build a group-hug deck I would enjoy. It gives resources, but not quite equally. Yes, it plays the go-to Howling Mine and Collective Voyage but the main benefit given to opponents is the trigger from the Kings themselves, who are importantly asymmetric. I play enough pillow fort and rattlesnake cards to keep my opponents slightly more focused on each other and ramp up, sometimes slowly oftentimes not. My preference is to entice or force my opponents to attack each other, then have them kill each other. If they attack me, then they may be attacking themselves. I then repeat the same effect on my own attack after there is only 1 opponent remaining, but I only declare an attack once it's down to 1v1. Games are swingy and explosive and this deck can't function in a dedicated combo pod, but that's group hug.
Here, have some land. Now go kill them.
Approximate Total Cost:

This list is being posted for record keeping, but feel free to comment.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”