Sydri: Mana Rock Aggro

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 3 years ago

This list is being posted for record keeping, but feel free to comment.

This deck began as a 3am construction that tried to play only mana-rocks then turn them into creatures and attack. Upon competition I played it 1v1 against a the mono-green preconstructed planeswalker deck with Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury and proceeded to lose 5 times in a row. The deck as since transformed in into a pile of intentionally convoluted engines and combos, featuring ones tomfoolery as Overall it's just a pile of artifacts that sometimes do nothing and sometimes destroy my opponents lands or storms out on turn 3. Usually has 5-10 mana by turn 4 and just durdles around for a couple turns. Most combos are excessively complicated on purpose and minimal tutors to encourage brainstorming of new and strange engines/combos. I think the only 2 card combos are Sydri, Galvanic Genius + Aetherflux Reservoir. I dropped Mycosynth Lattice for Chromatic Orrery to drop the easy land destruction.
Just a pile of artifacts

Commander

Graveyard Sydri Support

Approximate Total Cost:

Salvaging Station cards:
  • Sol ring, mana crypt, mox opal, and artifact lands can be tapped for mana, then animated and sacrificed to Krark-Clan Ironworks. This only works for Mox Opal and Seat of the Synod unless Chromatic Orrery is out.
  • lotus bloom and LED can pay to animate themselves and loop if given haste
  • Triangle of War can have an animated artifact with deathtouch fight to kill creatures. If the animated artifact also cost < 2 then salvaging station can recur both due to 2 death triggers.
  • universal solvent is an inefficient catch-all removal option
  • codex shredder provides repeatable recursion
2 card combos + Sydri:
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”