Liliana, Heretical Healer - Demondogpile

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

It's mostly a midrange bucket of demons with some thematic considerations. I try to make use of Lili's +2 via some reanimation and madness shenanigans, but those aspects feel pretty weak overall. I rarely dig up anything with her -X, and just about never hit her ult.

Liliana, Heretical Healer

Planeswalker

Approximate Total Cost:

The deck is a little heavy on the wipes (there are quite a few and it's likely unnecessary) and removal right now, and has some really terrible jank meant to synergize with Lili's +2 (like Dark Withering). Some lands are holdovers from previous mono-black decks, and are underperforming (like Arcane Lighthouse). Liliana's Triumph|PWAR is not my favourite, except I have the full-art promo and it is a Liliana deck. Finally, there's a pretty big amount of graveyard hate in the deck; since we generally +2 Lili, it's good to disable other people's reanimation/dredge strategies.
Changelog
Show
Hide
2020/04/30 - My ultra casual group felt pretty oppressed by removal packages, and some cards were really underperforming, so...
-Murderous Compulsion
-Black Sun's Zenith
-Mutilate
-Dark Withering
-Nightshade Assassin
-The Eldest Reborn
-Asylum Visitor
+Josu Vess, Lich Knight
+Vampire Nighthawk
+Sangromancer
+Plaguecrafter
+Dread Presence
+Rimebound Dead
+Liliana of the Dark Realms

Some theme-y cards like Josu and find-some-swamps (or Witch's Cottage) Liliana, and some draw/value/defensive inclusions, along with Plaguecrafter, who self-starts with Lili.

Return to “Decklists”