Patron of the Orochi: More Mana, No Problems

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 3 years ago

This is posted for record keeping, but feel free to comment.

This is on of my oldest decks, built around 2012 when Yeva, Nature's Herald was printed and I wanted to have an interactive monogreen deck. In the process, I discovered Patron of the Orochi as a Seedborn Muse effect and enjoyed that more as my commander. As you would expect with an 8 cost commander, the deck needs a large amount of ramp to function, which the commander then multiplies by 1+number of players/turn cycle. I originally wanted this to create the most non-infinite mana possible, but that's not a hard rule.

In an effort to keep my monogreen decks separate, this build is as focused on activated abilities and big-mana as possible. As such, the fact that this nearly folds to Linvala, Keeper of Silence (and has no out to Damping Matrix/Cursed Totem) is fine.
Patron requires additional Pylons

commander (1)

Instants (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

notable interations
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”