Golos, Tireless Enchanter - Enchantments/Enchantresses

ZenN
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ZenN » 3 years ago

Edit: Made the swap to Golos, Tireless Pilgrim, because he's just better for this.

Well, I went ahead and threw together a first draft for an Enchantments/Enchantresses deck with Kenrith Golos at the helm. I haven't tried this out yet, so I'm not entirely sure how well it'll work out, but at a glance it seems like it'll be fairly solid. I've got all the good enchantresses, I believe. The ideal game would be to start with some ramp, then just start chaining enchantments together that build steady presence and make it harder for opponents to interact with me, until finally going for a win con. If I need it, Kenrith is there to drop early and just draw cards, reanimate a creature, gain some life, whatever. Golos is there to find Serra's Sanctum or Field of the Dead, or just colour fixing, and as a great mana sink to just dump a bunch of stuff on the table.

Main ways to win currently are angel tokens from Sigil of the Empty Throne, or going wide with either Starfield of Nyx or Dance of the Manse, or lastly just a nice big Villainous Wealth after getting a bunch of mana with something like Serra's Sanctum or Mirari's Wake. No combos in here at the moment, but I might put one or two in for backup.

The only enchantments deck I've played in Commander before was a 75% Zur the Enchanter deck, which played out pretty differently from how this one will. I'd love some comments/suggestions from people with more experience with the archetype!

Golos Enchantments

Commander (1)

Artifacts (3)

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by ZenN 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Commander
Golos, ETB Pilgrim - Value Town
Maelstrom Wanderer a.k.a. The Kool-Aid Man
Korvold, Fae-Cursed King - OM NOM NOM
Kykar, Wind's Fury - Spellslinger + Tokens

Tags:

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

Do you think kenrith presents enough of an advantage over golos to warrant his spot? Feels like you could just swap them and the deck gets better with no changes. Even training grounds is good.

I think carpet of flowers probly worth playing, only other notable exclusion.

ZenN

pokken wrote:
3 years ago
Do you think kenrith presents enough of an advantage over golos to warrant his spot? Feels like you could just swap them and the deck gets better with no changes. Even training grounds is good.

I think carpet of flowers probly worth playing, only other notable exclusion.
Honestly, you're almost certainly right about swapping in Golos as the commander. If I end up moving forward with this, it's probably what would happen. But for now, my goal was to do something with Kenrith. Plus I just reeeeeally want to kill someone with Tainted Remedy. :P
Commander

ZenN

@pokken Kenrith does give the added ability to recur enchantresses easily, which is kind of nice. Or giving all the enchantments-turned-creatures haste and trample after like a Replenish dumping Starfield of Nyx and a bunch of other stuff on the table.
Commander

pokken

ZenN wrote:
3 years ago
pokken Kenrith does give the added ability to recur enchantresses easily, which is kind of nice. Or giving all the enchantments-turned-creatures haste and trample after like a Replenish dumping Starfield of Nyx and a bunch of other stuff on the table.
There's definitely some good stuff there but I don't think it can compete with 100% access to Serra's Sanctum and a card advantage ability that outpaces enchantresses on its own.

My first design for this deck used Ramos, Dragon Engine and skipped all the big mana production in favor of just using ramos to windmill slam enchantments. Just used some of the cheaper ramp spells to get ramos online. NIce part about that is Ramos just murders people, so don't even really need a wincon :P

In my general experience with enchantress decks they're usually more constrained on mana than cards which is my main leaning toward golos. Getting sanctum is huge for the consistency.

ZenN

pokken wrote:
3 years ago
ZenN wrote:
3 years ago
pokken Kenrith does give the added ability to recur enchantresses easily, which is kind of nice. Or giving all the enchantments-turned-creatures haste and trample after like a Replenish dumping Starfield of Nyx and a bunch of other stuff on the table.
There's definitely some good stuff there but I don't think it can compete with 100% access to Serra's Sanctum and a card advantage ability that outpaces enchantresses on its own.

My first design for this deck used Ramos, Dragon Engine and skipped all the big mana production in favor of just using ramos to windmill slam enchantments. Just used some of the cheaper ramp spells to get ramos online. NIce part about that is Ramos just murders people, so don't even really need a wincon :P

In my general experience with enchantress decks they're usually more constrained on mana than cards which is my main leaning toward golos. Getting sanctum is huge for the consistency.
You're not wrong.

A buddy of mine is playing Ramos Enchantments, but he's playing it as 4c without black, for whatever reason. It's fine. Golos is definitely stronger.
Commander

Outcryqq

Post by Outcryqq » 3 years ago

Imprisoned in the Moon is great removal and is another enchantment to boot.
Profane Procession // Tomb of the Dusk Rose is slow, but great exile removal and gives you late game threats. Your deck looks like it will play a slower game and I think this card will be great for you.

I have a Zur enchantment/cycling deck that's pretty powerful, and I've played those two with great success.

ZenN

Outcryqq wrote:
3 years ago
Imprisoned in the Moon is great removal and is another enchantment to boot.
Profane Procession // Tomb of the Dusk Rose is slow, but great exile removal and gives you late game threats. Your deck looks like it will play a slower game and I think this card will be great for you.
Yeah, Imprisoned in the Moon is fine. It's definitely no Song of the Dryads, but it's not bad. I had it in my Zur deck, because I didn't have access to green. Sorcery speed removal is often meh, though, and I wouldn't want to go too heavy on it. If I did put in more, though, this one would probably be toward the top of the list, though it does have a lot of competition. Kenrith's Transformation only hits creatures, but the fact that it's only 2 mana and cantrips on its own is nice.

Profane Procession // Tomb of the Dusk Rose, on the other hand, is a card I don't really care for. It can be fine in a slow game in a casual meta, but it's just such a huge mana investment.
Commander

ZenN

While this was a fun experiment, since I love throwing together deck lists, I likely won't move forward with this, since it ended up feeling too similar to the enchantresses deck my buddy is running.

That said, might as well leave behind a better list for others to find, or if I ever decide to come back to it. So, gonna swap it to Golos, Tireless Pilgrim. This frees up a few slots, too. Specifically: For now I'll just swap them out for some generally good cards, but I'm open to other suggestions. I think Thassa is probably the only questionable one, but tapping things is a fine mana sink, and being able to blink Golos (or Sun Titan or Eidolon of Blossoms) is probably cool.

Commander

manugl84
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by manugl84 » 3 years ago

A nice pick would be Doomwake giant, great against tokens and an enchantment itself.

pokken

With golos I'd probly run all the Animate Dead enchantments too. They payoff pretty heavily and as a bonus are pretty nuts with sun titan.

ZenN

manugl84 wrote:
3 years ago
A nice pick would be Doomwake giant, great against tokens and an enchantment itself.
That one was in the initial like ~130 cards I had when first putting this together but ended up getting cut. It may be worth reconsidering. I feel like I'd want to be playing some ways of reliably making a lot more enchantments to trigger it, like Heliod, God of the Sun.
pokken wrote:
3 years ago
With golos I'd probly run all the Animate Dead enchantments too. They payoff pretty heavily and as a bonus are pretty nuts with sun titan.
Those are definitely solid. I'm not sure I'd run all of them, but at least Animate Dead and Necromancy are probably worth considering.
Commander

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”