Vorel: Counters Tribal

Hawk
Slayer of Threads
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

This is my Vorel deck. It just got a fresh update to follow the "Golden Rule" I'm now following on decks (at least half the deck should be ramp, draw, and interaction". General gameplan is to just pump out the biggest, durdliest dorks to whale on opponents and flood the board.

As a few notes:
- I am intentionally, deliberately not running Magistrate's Scepter. I own one, but didn't want to include that particular infinite combo in my list. I don't own Simic Ascendancy, but I do feel the same way about it if I did own it.

- I know Coiling Oracle isn't true ramp or true draw but I do love him. I also intentionally didn't run classics like Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, or Nissa's Pilgrimage as I wanted the vast majority of my ramp to be ahead of Vorel himself. The "ramp" part of the deck is pretty heavy - I have a fair number of mana sinks but struggle with what to cut and add.

- Draw looks a bit light, but I do have several cards that I didn't count as true dig that can draw like Zameck Guildmage, and I also counted Oracle and Spring // Mind as ramp even though they also sorta draw. A few of my walkers also generate the sort of incremental advantage that is sorta like digging or drawing. All that said - I'd love to find a way to add more draw, I just can't decide what to cut and which draw to add. This deck is Green-heavy enough that trying to do Brainstorm, Ponder, and associates feels awkward.

- I own copies of Swiftfoot Boots, Managorger Hydra, Fertilid, and Swiftfoot Boots all of which I'd like to run, but I can't figure out what to cut. Suggestions would be welcome!
Vorel: Counters Tribal

Commander: 1

Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”