Kykar, American Artifacts

ashep01
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by ashep01 » 4 years ago

Hello all,

This is my Kykar deck that I have thrown together for EDH nights with some friends here and there. This was previously an Alela deck, but I wanted to have red instead of black for the color pie.

Here are my win conditions and combos:
Storm off and use Aetherflux Reservoir
I also have the ability to draw out my deck, gain infinite life, make infinite colorless mana and make infinite tokens (I should add Goblin Bombardment).

Myr Retriever + Junk Diver + Etherium Sculptor + Foundry Inspector + Jhoira's Familiar + Phyrexian Altar. This is the backbone of the infinite combo. From here I can do any of the above with different cards in my deck.

Deck recommendations and help is always Appreciated! :)
Kykar, American Artifacts
Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

MeowZeDung

Post by MeowZeDung » 4 years ago

If artifact storm is your gameplan you may want Herald of Kozilek and the upcoming release of Whirlwind of Thought, which is basically Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain 2.0 for a deck like this. I also would consider Riddlesmith, Reckless Fireweaver, and Quicksmith Genius.

One approach to artifact storm with Kykar is to greatly reduce your total creature count and add in 0 mana artifacts like Astral Cornucopia, Everflowing Chalice, Bone Saw, etc., and storm off by dumping them onto the battlefield, returning them with Hurkyl's Recall, Rebuild, Displacement Wave, Paradoxical Outcome, etc. You can also do this with a flash enabler to make a huge army of pseudo hasty spirits to beat down with, or just accumulate cards and mana via spirits and things like Inspiring Statuary to fuel your storm win via Aetherflux Reservoir, Grapeshot, Brain Freeze, etc.

If infinite combos are your gameplan, Kykar can enable a lot of them. I detail two of them in my primer (link in sig), and there are several to be had involving Underworld Breach. Competitive Kykar lists do some nonsense with Divergent Transformations, Elsha of the Infinite, Spellseeker, and Sensei's Divining Top.

Hope this helps! Kykartifacts is one of the alternate lists I hope to put in my primer eventually, so I'll keep an eye on your thread to see how it goes!
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

ashep01

Post by ashep01 » 3 years ago

Artifact storm is my first plan and going infinite is kinda more like something that I stumble into. I dont really want it to be my primary win-con. I definitely like a few of the recommendations that you put forward. That enchantment and the Herald of Kozilek are perfect for my deck.

I tend to get targeted pretty early on because I am viewed as a cEDH player. Well, most of the meta knows that I used to play cEDH. So, I need to get a little more resilient.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”