Zaxara - aggro, card draw, combo - this hydra does it all

Theoric
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Theoric » 4 years ago

I threw this list together in about 5min but after a little playtesting I can already tell Zaraxa is awesome. I'm definitely gonna build this - dropping free hydras while casting quality spells is just so much value. There's tons of card draw and plenty of aggro to give your opponents something to worry about while you're searching for pemmin's aura or freed from the real.

If you'd like to playtest it on tappedout, here's my list: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zaxara- ... 1586148304
Decklist

Commander (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by Theoric 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Tags:

Theoric

sweetwaterbob wrote:
4 years ago
What about walking ballista?
Good call. I added it.

BeneTleilax
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BeneTleilax » 4 years ago

Have you considered Doubling Season, Hardened Scales, and/or Gargos?

Theoric

BeneTleilax wrote:
4 years ago
Have you considered Doubling Season, Hardened Scales, and/or Gargos?
Great question. I've considered them all. In terms of the first two, I find that having extra counters on things doesn't really make much of a difference. And I'd like to find room for Gargos-- he's good removal and great for hydras, but there aren't that many hydras in the deck and in a 3 color deck he's a little hard to cast, Hydras definitely have a big presence but it also wins via infinite mana and a card draw spell or walking ballista, or simic ascendancy. My favorite way to win is dropping herald of secret streams and swinging with hydras though.

Made some changes:
-flusterstorm
-curse of the swine
-something else, I forget
+ flash
+ protean hulk
+ slippery bogbonder (love this card! And he's great to flash/hulk it in response to targeted removal)

Kiwi17z

Post by Kiwi17z » 3 years ago

What about Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy.

Mimicvat
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Mimicvat » 3 years ago

Since its another value engine with incidental deathtouch, why not add one of the pinger equipment to really hit those rub-ins
Currently building: ww Bruna, the Fading Light (card advantage tribal / reanimator)
Main decks;
r Neheb, Big Red Champion g Yeva's Mono Green Control, b Ayara's Aristocrats rb Greven, Predator Captain the One Punch Man, ugw Derevri, Empirical Tactician Aggro,rwbu Tymna & Kraum's Saboteurs, wbg Kondo & Tymna's Hatebears wugTuvasa's Silver Bullets, urBrudiclad does Brudiclad thingsgubSidisi, Brood Tyrant (lantern control)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”