Kykar, Wind's Fury - Bird Bomb

Morgion
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Morgion » 4 years ago

Inspired by other Kykar, Wind's Fury decklists on this forum and fueled by my own desired to brew a voltron deck, I managed to get this draft together.

Originally I started out with the idea of Alela, Artful Provocateur leading a voltron/enchantress/artifacts deck, until I came across Kykar, which would provide at least similar (and probably a lot more) possibilities in that direction. I went through the process of compiling an long list of appealing card options in the general direction I was heading. I than decided to try and make a deck focussed on commander damage. Using relatively cheap spells would increase the benefit from the bird's mana generation, equipment and aura spells to increase output and resilience and some protection to keep removal at bay.

Kykar Bird Bomb

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

With the current corona situation, it's probably gonna take some time before I will be able to actually play the deck. Meanwhile I'm wondering if I overlooked certain sweet card alternatives and whether I made the right cuts and balance decisions.
Last edited by Morgion 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 4 years ago

When you do get the chance to play it, let me know what you think. I'm excited to eventually get around to putting together a voltron alternate list.

You're heavy enough on auras and utility enchantments like Impact Tremors/Rhystic Study that Wild Research is probably worth consideration.

I would also recommend you test out Sigil of Valor, Sublime Archangel, and Angelic Exaltation.

I imagine you couldn't go wrong with Seize the Day or Aggravated Assault and similar extra combat goodies.

Not sure if you have any budget limitations, but Command Beacon is probably worth consideration for any voltron build.
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Morgion
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Morgion » 4 years ago

Thanks again for your contribution, MeowZeDung. I definitely intend to share my experience.
MeowZeDung wrote:
4 years ago
You're heavy enough on auras and utility enchantments like Impact Tremors/Rhystic Study that Wild Research is probably worth consideration.
Everytime I read the word "random" on Wild Research it makes me wonder, how often does this go the wrong way? It would be awesome for every deck with graveyard recursion.
MeowZeDung wrote:
4 years ago
I would also recommend you test out Sigil of Valor, Sublime Archangel, and Angelic Exaltation.
Sigil of Valor and Angelic Exaltation survived my cutting process almost to the end, but I expect to be using a significant share of tokens just as mana source and chump blockers. Therefore I reckon the number of tokens will be relatively low, diminishing the value generation of cards like these.
MeowZeDung wrote:
4 years ago
I imagine you couldn't go wrong with Seize the Day or Aggravated Assault and similar extra combat goodies.
Potential winners, without a doubt. I would first need to experience first hand what to cut, before I swap these in.
MeowZeDung wrote:
4 years ago
Not sure if you have any budget limitations, but Command Beacon is probably worth consideration for any voltron build.
I will probably get some extra cards anyway, to play around with. Everything you mentioned will probably be included in this bonus card pool.

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 4 years ago

Morgion wrote:
4 years ago
MeowZeDung wrote:
4 years ago
Potential winners, without a doubt. I would first need to experience first hand what to cut, before I swap these in.
I would hands down include Seize the Day over something like Dragon Mantle. One of the big problems with voltron strategies is trouncing one opponent, but immediately becoming public enemy #1 to the remaining players. Seize the Day giving you up to three combat steps (even more if you combine it with some type of recursion or copy spell) in a single turn opens up the possibility of taking out multiple opponents in one turn.
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”