Pir and Toothy, when imagination become nightmare

Theoric
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Theoric » 4 years ago

I'm in the process of building this. It's a competitive, fun, and flavorful deck that builds up card advantage as Toothy quickly grows large enough to one-shot people. It has Jace, Wielder of Mysteries as another wincon.

A typical game:
Turn 1: land, mana dork
Turn 2: land, Pir
Turn 3: Toothy
Turn 4: card draw shenanigans and smashing face with Toothy
Turn 5-6: more card draw shenanigans, more face-smashing, and possibly casting Jace and bouncing Toothy for the win.

There's a few cards you can use to exile and return Toothy, which makes removal fizzle, gains you card advantage, and Toothy comes back twice the size (assuming Pir is in play).
I put reality ripple in there because it protects toothy from boardwipes and he keeps his counters. Spike weaver can target itself, adding an additional counter when Pir's in play, so you can fog forever. Isochron scepter and dramatic reversal are in there. Astral Cornucopia plays well with Pir and anything that proliferates.
Decklist

Planeswalker (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

Jonas Ukulore
Rowley Birkin, QC fan.
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Jonas Ukulore » 4 years ago

Hi! First of all: loving your alter! I'm slinging a P&T deck as well. I can post a decklist, if you want.

My incoherent ramblings (in no particular order)
Commanders:
WB Psycho Cultleader BWGU Deranged Boy and Dental Imagination UG
WUB Creepy Girl BUWURG Big Thing GRUWUB Your Deck = My Deck BUW
WG Hatebear Angel GWWBR Bounty-filled Pillowfort RBW

Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Awesome alt art!
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Theoric
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Theoric » 4 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys!
Sadly, those alters aren't mine. I don't even have the deck built but the cards should arrive in the mail today and a friend who likes to paint says she'll alter them for me. Growing up, I always loved Calvin and Hobbes.
Jonas Ukulore wrote:
4 years ago
Awesome suggestions. I've playtested this deck extensively on tappedout and I have tried out some of them already.
Psychosis crawler is a smart choice. I'm a combo junky but I'm also an aggro junky so I put in slip through space and shadow rift so Hobbes can pounce on my opponents--I'd rather do that than win with the crawler. It's not the most efficient wincon but it is my preferred one. A lab maniac style win is a last resort. I've tried out crystalline crawler and it did great so it might go back in eventually.
I have noticed that most people prefer land spells to rocks and dorks. I did that at first and I hated casting Pir and Toothy on turns 3 and 4 (I usually cast them turns 2 and 3) but I might switch to burgeoning and its friends later.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”