Akiri & Thrasios MTGO

Inkeyes22
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Inkeyes22 » 4 years ago

So I got an idea for a deck that sounded very interesting and very different from what I normally play from onering in the Unique Partner Pairs discussion. I started to brew on MTGO as I almost never get to a lgs and all the cards I needed were less than $20. Now I usually do not use Armageddon etc. but in this deck I think it can help close the door on a game and Akiri should be able to hit hard enough that it should be over quickly. So what are your thoughts? I think the land count is too low at 32, but not sure what to cut to increase it, and I do have a lot of mana rocks, so as long as I have 2 + a signet I should be okay, right?
Akiri & Thrasios MTGO
Approximate Total Cost:

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 4 years ago

Catastrophe is far superior to fall of the thran. There is no need to give opponents a functional rebate on your MLD. Just terrorize their sacred cows and kill 'em.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Inkeyes22

Post by Inkeyes22 » 4 years ago

yeah, I was on the fence withCatastrophe but I didn't want to spend more than $20, and that was the last cut to get it below the price point. It is only about $0.39 so hopefully I can grab it from a trader soon.

I did add some additional lands as I think 32 was to few. Chrome Mox is around $2.50-4 and Mox Opal is between $4-5.

Part of the reason I built this deck is I am working on a course that uses EDH to teach soft skills/ethics/etc. and thought I could use this to get some footage for the course. I don't want to troll people hard, but I do want to get some honest reactions and videos that will stimulate discussions. I know this isn't a popular strategy, I am generally opposed to MLD as well, but I am also looking for experiences (both positive and negative) to work through with students.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”