Riku of Two Reflections

boer0829
Pronoun: he / him

Post by boer0829 » 4 years ago

Sorry for the bad english in advance

This is my Riku deck. I play this deck ever since Riku came out. The deck comes on and off the shelf and had a lot of changes over the years. The deck evolved (back in the days Commander was called EDH) from Momir Vig, Simic Visionary to Intet, the Dreamer and becoming Riku of Two Reflections. Riku is a very versatile commander. I had a lot of versions of Riku, like creature toolbox, pod, spellslinger, goodstuff, combo, timewalks, Biovisionary. The most fun version in my opinion is the creature toolbox with some spellslinging.
Big inspirator for me was the Sonik list on Salvation Sonik List

The deck tries to win by slamming a Prophet of Kruphix by ramping like a mad man in the first 4 turns, playing some threads and try to land Riku in your opponents end step. When Riku is in play you can double the fun and you are able to do some really weird stuff. Riku isn't really mandatory to have in play to win, the deck is capable to win without Riku in play.

Speaking about our lord and savior, the almighty Prophet of Kruphix, I tried to replace the effect by using Seedborn Muse, Wilderness Reclamation,Turnabout Vedalken Orrery, Leyline of Anticipation and Alchemist's Refuge. Untapping lands is key, because Riku is a very mana hungry commander. Flashing in stuff on your opponents turn is even greater. Sometimes it looks like you have an extra turn.

Cards like Flameshadow Conjuring, Panharmonicon and Bramble Sovereign act like Riku in the way they double the ETB effects of creatures. The decks aims to get a lot of ETB effects

Ramping is an important part of this deck. Most green ramp cards search for basic lands, so adding a bit more basic lands to the deck isn't a bad idea. Skyshroud Claim, Wood Elves and Nature's Lore search for a forest card, so I can find my Tropical Island, Taiga, Stomping Ground and Breeding Pool to color fix my mana

Riku of Two Reflections

commander (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

This isn't the best version of the deck, nor the worse. The general has so many ways to be build it doesn't fit into one jacket.
The most important thing to mind is that Riku is very mana hungry. You will never have enough mana to do all the crazy stuff you want to do. You will always tap out to do crazy stuff and you will always have the feeling you don't have engouh mana.

Suggestions for the list are welcome!

Changelog

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”