My Absolute Favorite Commander Deck

MtG Maniak
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MtG Maniak » 4 years ago

This deck literally began as the commander (Ashling, the Pilgrim) and 99 Mountains. Of course I then thought, Oh, wow, Seismic Assault, would be really good in this!
Multiple updates later, the deck is still being improved upon. This is a commander for players of all levels, and you can build off of it and customize as you see fit! Personally, whenever I play this deck, I forgo attempting to win and instead try to have a long, drawn out, and fun game where I can kill everyone at the same time and make it a draw. Hahahahaha!
I recommend, that in addition to obvious includes like Sol Ring and whatnot, you add Tectonic Reformation, Decree of Annihilation... stuff like that :P Have fun with the deck!
Other good cards to add:
Chaos Warp
Hour of Devastation
Blood Moon
World Warp
Knowledge Pool
Expedition Map
Mind's Eye
Oblivion Stone
Nev(erryhal?)'s Disk
Blackblade Reforged
Cavalier of Flame
Star of Extinction
Spiteful Sliver
Possibility Storm
Eldrazi Conscription
Fireball
Firecat Blitz
Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded
Magma Vortex
Fire Diamond
Boompile
etc.

Tags:

Gashnaw
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gashnaw » 4 years ago

This is how you build an asking deck. 99 mountains and ashlnng. Then you add cards every now and then. Add a solid ring, add a fireball. Add a fire diamond add a ruby medallion. Just keep adding cards until your deck is no longer your 99 mountains deck and actually a deck that does something.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 4 years ago

MtG Maniak wrote:
4 years ago
This deck literally began as the commander (Ashling, the Pilgrim) and 99 Mountains. Of course I then thought, Oh, wow, Seismic Assault, would be really good in this!
Multiple updates later, the deck is still being improved upon. This is a commander for players of all levels, and you can build off of it and customize as you see fit! Personally, whenever I play this deck, I forgo attempting to win and instead try to have a long, drawn out, and fun game where I can kill everyone at the same time and make it a draw. Hahahahaha!
I recommend, that in addition to obvious includes like Sol Ring and whatnot, you add Tectonic Reformation, Decree of Annihilation... stuff like that :P Have fun with the deck!
Other good cards to add:
Chaos Warp
Hour of Devastation
Blood Moon
World Warp
Knowledge Pool
Expedition Map
Mind's Eye
Oblivion Stone
Nev(erryhal?)'s Disk
Blackblade Reforged
Cavalier of Flame
Star of Extinction
Spiteful Sliver
Possibility Storm
Eldrazi Conscription
Fireball
Firecat Blitz
Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded
Magma Vortex
Fire Diamond
Boompile
etc.
My friend did this deck. I have a multitude of great memories playing against it. Once I assembled Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Padeem, Consul of Innovation, with boots on both of them. I felt invincible! He untapped and cast Repercussion and Blasphemous act. Two cards that I'd highly recommend. It's also great to strap Sword of War and Peace and Sword of Fire and Ice to her.

He used a lot of mana doublers like Caged Sun and Extraplanar Lens. I remember another game where he cast a lethal earthquake to kill the entire table. One player responded with Angel's Grace.

His deck was so much fun it spawned a slew of Mono-R copy cats. Once I sat down against 3 of my friends playing Krenko, Mob Boss, Ashling the pilgrim and Purphoros, God of the Forge. The three of them couldn't handle my Tivadar of Thorn suited up with Armored Ascension that I'd tutor up with Tallowisp. That tivadar deck was such garbage but had over a 50% winrate because everyone would ignore it because it was so bad. Then Ashling would constantly blow up the board and he'd survive to kill off the weakened players.

MtG Maniak

Post by MtG Maniak » 4 years ago

Lol I know how you all feel. It is just so much fun to be able to blow everything up whenever I want XD. Here is the updated deck list, as I am actively buying things for this deck right now, just in case you have any other ideas that I haven't added.
Ashling the Pilgrim *CMDR*
All is Dust
Ancient Tomb
Armillary Sphere
Basilisk Collar
Blackblade Reforged
Blasphemous Act
Blood Moon
Cavalier of Flame
Chaos Warp
Comet Storm
Command Beacon