Sasaya's Green Inferno

Segrus
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Segrus » 4 years ago

The strategy here is pretty simple: get 7 land, flip Sasaya, power out a massive Squall Line for the win.

Cards to win the game with:
  • Hurricane and Squall Line - more or less best win cards, particularly Squall Line
  • Rocket Launcher and Goblin Cannon - your opponents had it coming; solid cards, but might not do the job as well as you'd like
  • Steel Hellkite - I'd rather not rely on combat, but this colorless option is still a solid choice if you have the opening to use it; it's second ability is really nice for getting rid of permanents which might be stopping you from winning
  • Squallmonger - probably the weakest card, since you can take yourself out before taking out the rest of the table and all the extra activations get exiled
Things I'm okay with:
  • Killing myself while taking out the rest of the table
The idea of this deck isn't exactly a new one. I heard about the concept of it through a budget list build of it about...a year ago or something now. I could probably find the list. So this is just my current build out of the cards I own. I'd be perfectly happy to hear criticisms and advice if you've played something like this. I'm not confident about all of my choices--Vorinclex in particular is a last minute add-in I wouldn't super mind seeing as something else.

I don't think I'm too far off from making the deck work smoothly and even got a first game in with it tonight. The end result was I brought the table to its knees with Squallmonger...although I did die in the process. XD

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”