Alela, Artifact Provocateur

ashep01
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by ashep01 » 4 years ago

Hello all,

This is my Alela deck that I have thrown together for EDH nights with some friends here and there.
The play group is quite casual and they strongly believe in "The Spirit of EDH" and so I have been trying to keep that in mind despite coming from a more cutthroat meta previously.

At the moment, I feel like I am pulling the deck in too many directions and need to focus it a little more. I like to play combo/control decks, but this playgroup isn't overly fond of combos... unless, they are 4+ card combos. So, no Mike and Trike type of stuff.

Here are my win conditions and combos:
Alela + Cranial Plating or All That Glitters
Storm off and use Aetherflux Reservoir
Karn Liberated + The Chain Veil + Manifold Key to exile Blightsteel Colossus, Darksteel Colossus or Serra Avatar and ultimate Karn.

I also have the ability to draw out my deck, gain infinite life, make infinite colorless mana and make infinite tokens (I should add a sac outlet so I can just win on the spot with the tokens).

Myr Retriever + Junk Diver + Etherium Sculptor + Foundry Inspector + Jhoira's Familiar + Phyrexian Altar. This is the backbone of the combo. From here I can do any of the above with different cards in my deck.

Alela Artifacts
Approximate Total Cost:

Here are some other relevant cards that I already own and could swap into the deck.
Last edited by ashep01 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Tags:

RowanKeltizar
Firemind
Pronoun: he / him

Post by RowanKeltizar » 4 years ago

A few cards that might be worth considering:

Skullclamp - insane draw power
Idyllic Tutor - budget tutor
Lightning Greaves - protection for key creatures
Whir of Invention - pretty decent tutor
Dance of the Manse - recursion in commander is always a good thing
Throne of the God-Pharaoh - helps get damage through in a token based strategy
Mystic Forge, Future Sight, or Bolas's Citadel - can give you a ton of card advantage
The Immortal Sun - buffs tokens, reduces costs, hoses planeswalkers

I'm not sure how your playgroup feels about Aetherflux Reservoir but that can be a very solid win-con for this deck. My friend runs a fairly competitive and streamlined build and that is one of his main win-cons. If you use cards like Paradoxical Outcome and cheap or free artifacts you storm out for a win pretty quickly.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

ashep01
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by ashep01 » 4 years ago

Thanks for replying! I was able to pickup a Lightning Greaves and some other things over the weekend. I thought I had ordered a Skullclamp, but looks like it was dropped from the order. So, I am in the market for one of those.
Also, Aetherflux Reservoir is fair game. Several other people run it, so I was able to pick up one of those as well.

I was able to get in a couple games over the weekend. The first game, I lost to a player dropping Impact Tremors pretty early on and him pumping out tokens as fast as I could.
The second game was against Lord Windgrace and Gorm the Great // Virtus the Veiled. This was a much better game for me. I was able to get out tokens to protect my life early on. And start swinging with Cranial Plating and Alela for the win.
RowanKeltizar wrote:
4 years ago
A few cards that might be worth considering:

Skullclamp - insane draw power
Idyllic Tutor - budget tutor
Lightning Greaves - protection for key creatures
Whir of Invention - pretty decent tutor
Dance of the Manse - recursion in commander is always a good thing
Throne of the God-Pharaoh - helps get damage through in a token based strategy
Mystic Forge, Future Sight, or Bolas's Citadel - can give you a ton of card advantage
The Immortal Sun - buffs tokens, reduces costs, hoses planeswalkers

I'm not sure how your playgroup feels about Aetherflux Reservoir but that can be a very solid win-con for this deck. My friend runs a fairly competitive and streamlined build and that is one of his main win-cons. If you use cards like Paradoxical Outcome and cheap or free artifacts you storm out for a win pretty quickly.
Here is what I was able to pickup over the weekend: The goal was to stabilize and improve the mana base. Also, I wanted to include more clear cut win-conditions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”