Shattergang Brothers

Inkeyes22
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Inkeyes22 » 4 years ago

This started as the Lord Windgrace/Nature's Vengeance precon then Korvold, Fae-Cursed King helmed it for a brief minute. I think this is the deck that probably needs the most work as I kinda of just desleeved the commander with very little update to the deck each time. I had high hopes for Lord Windgrace and this deck just didn't work. I am hoping the flexibility of the Shattergang Brothers make this more fun to play overall.
The Deck

Lands

Approximate Total Cost:

weltkrieg

Post by weltkrieg » 4 years ago

I can kind of see why you'd have trouble with Lord Windgrace as the commander. There isn't a ton of synergy here for him. Korvold would have been better as a lot of things in this list sacrifice or generate sacrifice fodder. Shattergang brothers really wants a lot of board wipes and things that want to die so that you can generate more value than your opponents (generally speaking, a stax deck).

Before you can really make a good deck, what do you want it to do? Too many cards here in this pile are working at cross purposes and it's really hard to help you.

Inkeyes22

Post by Inkeyes22 » 4 years ago

I really need to find some time to either break this apart or make it more cohesive. I do want it to be a "fun police" deck that can control the pace of the game. When I pay with my sons ( Noah 8 & Logan 10) and a third party they often fall far behind and lose. I want to try to rein in the other person so they don't walk all over my boys.

I think I might even pull out cards that are just in there to end the game ( Syr Konrad, the Grim, Rampaging Baloths, Avenger of Zendikar) and get more things such as Iroas's Blessing which in and of itself isn't great but can be a 2 for 1 when I hit a decent creature when it enters and then sac it to Shattergang Brothers to kill an enchantment. I will need to load the deck with cards that have multiple types, such as
Solemn Simulacrum
or Anax, Hardened in the Forge.

weltkrieg

Post by weltkrieg » 4 years ago

If that is what you want, you might be better served with creatures/permanents that enter and do something (most likely killing a creature) and then you can use shattergang for more control later. Ravenous chupacabra is one of the better ideas of a creature that does that, and you've already made mention of solemn simulacrum.

Other good includes would be cards like the new omens, the black and green ones in particular, Omen of the dead and omen of the hunt are both useful on their own, can sacrifice for effects, or be sacrificed as needed by your general.

A gatherer search for r/g/b/colorless and "enter's the battlefield" would be most helpful for you. I highly recommend it! Shattergang is a lot of fun!

Edit: You may not want mass land destruction, but I highly recommend some in order to stop broken lands from coming around and biting you in the keister.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”