Naban - Wizard Beats

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

Yusoma wrote:
3 years ago
Hi !

I'm a huge fan of Naban. I tried many constructed decks with him in variant format and, time passing, I decided to try a new way to play him : obviously, it's commander. As usual, I traveled across the web to find some ideas and I found this post yesterday which blow my mind. Like you I'm a big fan of mono blue but i dislike how they win. I really want to try and give my returns to eventually make the list go up.
Moreover, It's really fun because, by the past, I was a avid reader of mtg salvation's forum and the first list that inspired me was of your deck Toshiro. My version no longer exists but I played this during many years.
Welcome to nexus :D

Something worth noting, I built my version like right before covid started so my testing has been very spotty. I have been twiddling my thumbs building a lot more than I have been playing so while my list is a year old, I have probably only played something like 10-15 matches with it (so its not as tuned as I would want it to be given its age).

Its worth noting that this deck is REALLY bad if you ever play more than 4 players and seems to get much stronger with less players. Some of how this deck works feels a little bit like a deck built for playing like 2-4 players and while its far from a heads up deck a lot of the disruption tends to hit like one to two players a lot harder than it does hitting more opponents. Lots of the good turns where it gets to attack hard are telegraphed and rarely scale up to kill more than one player a turn.

I just figured that was all worth mentioning but yea the deck is a lot of fun. Its odd but the artifacts in my list feel very important after having played a number of games. I ended up playing against an Aura Shards once and it was REALLY rough. Lots of the artifacts give me a lot of mana to churn through some of the heavy draw that this deck can get.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

Yusoma
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Yusoma » 3 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
Welcome to nexus :D

Something worth noting, I built my version like right before covid started so my testing has been very spotty. I have been twiddling my thumbs building a lot more than I have been playing so while my list is a year old, I have probably only played something like 10-15 matches with it (so its not as tuned as I would want it to be given its age).

Its worth noting that this deck is REALLY bad if you ever play more than 4 players and seems to get much stronger with less players. Some of how this deck works feels a little bit like a deck built for playing like 2-4 players and while its far from a heads up deck a lot of the disruption tends to hit like one to two players a lot harder than it does hitting more opponents. Lots of the good turns where it gets to attack hard are telegraphed and rarely scale up to kill more than one player a turn.

I just figured that was all worth mentioning but yea the deck is a lot of fun. Its odd but the artifacts in my list feel very important after having played a number of games. I ended up playing against an Aura Shards once and it was REALLY rough. Lots of the artifacts give me a lot of mana to churn through some of the heavy draw that this deck can get.
Hi !

Thank you for the details, it will be very useful ! I suspected the build to be not really good with a heavy group but it's not a problem for me because I play essentially in 3 players, 2v2 and less often in 4 players, and not more. So, I think, i can be really useful to push the deck a bit more.

I will playtest the deck probably in the end of the week but, perhaps, to solve the artifact problem, should you try a extramana land set like Lotus Field, Ancient Tomb etc... it's not a cheap solution but I can't see more for the moment.
In the previous posts, you mentioned the lack of power of the deck creatures and sometimes, you struggled to finish the game. Have you try something like Deepchannel Mentor or Keeper of Keys ?

I can't wait to beat my opponent with a bunch of bookworms ! ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”