My new Muldrotha deck (rate)

Millenhero
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Millenhero » 4 years ago

Made a Muldrotha deck (with some combo's) but not sure how consistent it would be
Decklist

Commander (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 4 years ago

I'd rate your deck a 5/7.

I think you need a few more mana sources. If you are running 31 lands, you need some additional mana creatures and/or artifact mana.

I would 100% include Deathrite Shaman, Lion's Eye Diamond, Lotus Petal, Mox Diamond as additional mana sources.

Survival of the Fittest is a must.

Sylvan Library will give you more consistency.

Intuition is on another level of tutors with Muldrotha.

Nurturing Peatland will help your mana base. Phyrexian Tower is a nice way to make sure getting repeatable value from some of your ETB creatures.

Life from the Loam is a nice way to fuel your graveyard, and with the cycle lands you can look to still draw card(s) for your turns when you dredge the Loam.

The Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter isn't the most consistent in your deck due to limited non-land mana sources. You can still get there but it's not like you are pushing the build in it's favor. If that makes sense a lot of builds will have cards like Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Mox Amber as examples of additional enablers for this combo, but they don't suite this deck as much. I'm not saying don't play it, but you have to be aware that sometimes you might have both cards in hand (Reversal+Scepter) and not have 3 non-land mana sources in play to actually get value.

My gut feel is that Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath is going to be nothing more than an expensive Growth Spiral, as you are not going to want to use the escape ability as it actually takes resources away from you with Muldrotha ability.
I ran into this exact situation with my Polukranos, Unchained deck in that trying to run graveyard recursion in parallel with escape mechanic does not mix.

If you want I much more streamlined Flash + Protean Hulk pile then it's Spellseeker + Thassa's Oracle + Blood Pet.
Spellseeker gets Demonic Consultation, and you don't even need the Blood Pet but it helps with casting if you're all tapped out for the Flash.
Just mentioning this because I can see your doing the whole Viscera Seer + Phyrexian Delver => Walking Ballista + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed combo and you can reduce a lot of slots for the Protean Hulk if you wanted to remove these. Phyrexian Delver and Mikaeus, the Unhallowed are a little derpy for a Muldrotha deck.

Millenhero
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Millenhero » 4 years ago

Muldrotha v2

Commander (1)

Muldrotha, the gravetide

Approximate Total Cost:

Thanks for the input, i upgraded it a little

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”