Lena - Robust ETB Loops

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

I was sort of intrigued as to what might come together for this commander. I am not really sure how I feel about it right now as a digital list untested but I am hoping to hit it with a few games online with some friends. The commander here is interesting as she can possibly protect our board as we go wide. I guess I will see how relevant that is when I get some games in with her.

The concept is fairly simple here, I put a bunch of ETB value creatures in here because the commander cares about how many non token creatures we have then I plan to flicker and cycle my commander and possibly some of the value creatures. Not really sure what my wincon plan is offhand but I at least have a few anthems in the deck that could help on that front. Hoping a bit more that I can just make the deck move smoothly rather than worrying about having bigger or better anthems. I contemplated some anthem creatures but my concern was that I might not get enough value to get to moving my commander around enough then. I can maybe test them a bit later.

I deliberately avoided mana alters in part because I don't want to go infinite. Both of the mana alters were a bit too easy. I also didn't see them doing all that much for me outside of their loops.

Decklist

COMMANDER (1)

PLANESWALKER (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

In consideration:
  • Panharmonicon - I do have a lot of ETBs, my concern though is how many elements it is to get set up with the commander.
  • Anointed Procession / Divine Visitation - interesting but more setup to try to have. I tend to like these more when I have less overhead with strategies.
  • Faith's Reward - Seems useful but I don't really have much for sac outlets given the commander can sac herself and most of the rest of the deck is built on ETB effects.
  • Galepowder Mage - a bit slow in that he lacks haste but otherwise its sort of like another Conjurer's Closet in that its a one time cost.
  • More Ramp - It feels like I could probably use more ramp. I just don't know where to cut for it.
Last edited by ISBPathfinder 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

Theoric
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Theoric » 4 years ago

I was gonna suggest an old favorite of mine, Lifeline, but I see you have it in there already. Always loved that card, except for the arguments about how it worked - 'why does it say 'your' graveyard?' 'what happens if lifeline is destroyed before the end step?' etc.

Why no wrath of god? You might consider loyal retainers too.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

Theoric wrote:
4 years ago
I was gonna suggest an old favorite of mine, Lifeline, but I see you have it in there already. Always loved that card, except for the arguments about how it worked - 'why does it say 'your' graveyard?' 'what happens if lifeline is destroyed before the end step?' etc.

Why no wrath of god? You might consider loyal retainers too.
lol so I played this deck one game on Xmage and it quickly got out of hand. I actually ended up conceding because the things I was doing were slowing the program down to the point that my turns would take like 5 minutes to just do simple things because so much was happening. Its actually a fun deck though so.... maybe at some point I get a paper version because all of the triggers and number of permenants just became out of control in the one game I had. I did get Lifeline + Nim Deathmantle + Skullclamp + Soul Warden all triggering on stuff though so it was really a pain in the ass to process everything.

Wrath of God - I often don't play this card in commander because often I don't need the efficiency and speed of it. For one more mana I can cast Route and the upside utility of that card often performs better for me while the difference in mana at sorcery speed I find to often be acceptable as a compromise.

loyal retainers - I considered it as well as several others such as Karmic Guide. I am just not really sure how much I value a single shot rez as of right now and while having a body to it helps, I am just not really sure how I feel about them yet. Right now I am primarily trying to abuse the commander's ETB and have the option to pop her for wrath protection but I don't really like using up a card to loop her a single time I guess.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”