no more updates for this deck?

Tags:

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 2 years ago

trevorreznikable wrote:
2 years ago
no more updates for this deck?
Nothing new has caught my attention. Orcus, Prince of Undeath was about the only bi-colored card that I looked at but its not a "cheat" card as you have to invest tons of mana to get value which is not what the deck looks to do.
Hopefully something neat will come out of Innistrad: Midnight Hunt.

maxblaster5000
Pronoun: he / him

Post by maxblaster5000 » 2 years ago

What do you think of Dire-Strain Rampage for ramp?

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 1 year ago

March of the Machine has a bag of bi-colored goodies for the deck.

Halo Forager can target a Living End or Hypergenesis in your graveyard.
Quintorius, Loremaster can also cast spells from graveyard, so you can target Living End/Hypergenesis but also other enablers Primevals' Glorious Rebirth/Pyrrhic Revival/etc.

Mistmeadow Vanisher gives another cheaper to cast blink enabler.

Hidetsugu and Kairi allows putting a drawn Living End/Hypergenesis back on top of library. It is possible to setup Hidetsugu and Kairi to die to then cast them from top of library (or some other big spell). But usually it's to set it up with another cascade spell.

Kogla and Yidaro is a replacement for Wear // Tear to even out color distribution.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 6 months ago

Doctor Who set has quite a few bi-colored cards.
Lunar Hatchling is the first land cycling creature since Alara Reborn, so I'm happy to include it as part of the original flavor of the deck.

The Fugitive Doctor does a very similar role as Quintorius, Loremaster, but a little less risky. Just swapping them for the purpose of better color distribution.

Older cards that I think will make the deck better are Deathleaper, Terror Weapon and Kardur, Doomscourge.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 6 months ago

How do you feel about the LOTR common landcyclers? They can't be found by Niv but they are extremely efficient
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 6 months ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
6 months ago
How do you feel about the LOTR common landcyclers? They can't be found by Niv but they are extremely efficient
I've always been on auto-pilot when it comes to cycling focusing on bi-colored, so didn't even consider them.
There are other bi-colored cards that have cycling, but I've always focused on land cyclers to make sure hit land drops.
I had a look at all the mono-colored creatures that have landcycling and the LOTR are the only ones that cost 1, so I see their value.

I do think you could play a version with all 4 LOTR creature landcyclers and take out 4 lands, as they are pseudo lands. Most likely 4 of the tri-colored lands.
Currently the deck has 35 lands plus 7 landcycling cards, so it's sort of like a 42 land deck, but obviously with more investment into producing the manabase.
So even though it would seem bad to go down to 31 lands, you would still be playing 11 landcyclers.
These would actually give you a first turn play (cycling a creature), which the deck doesn't have.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”