[Naru Meha] Lessons in Chronomancy

Sanity_Eclipse
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 4 years ago

Lessons in Chronomancy

"Image"

Description

I've stayed away from mono partially because of the stigma that it's usually a dedicated, cEDH combo color. But I like Naru Meha as a card and a commander (despite the usual combo finishes), and have purposefully included other ways to win and some pet cards so that the deck is a bit less of the stigmatized version and more interesting to play.

Ways to Win:
- Burn (hopefully, anyway)
- Noncreature casting spam (creates tokens or a massive Scroll of the Masters boost)
- Commander Damage (yes, CD. See Scroll and OG Mu Yanling)
- Infinite Loops (as a last resort)

Psionic Blast|P07 (Char) and Amnesia|DRK are cool off-color effects for Blue, and gosh darn it I want to be able to say that I've burned someone out while playing mono . PB is also why there's a good bit of spell copying going on. I like Mu Yanling, and hope she gets more screen time in the story. And I just want to run her in some deck, honestly.

Not sure if this or Inalla is going to be my wizard deck. We'll see.

Decklist

Lessons in Chronomancy
Approximate Total Cost:

Information

Game Plan:
-
-

Win Conditions: (referenced from here)
- Ghostly Flicker|MM3 + Naru Meha, Master Wizard|DOM
Cast Ghostly Flicker targeting two islands but while holding priority cast Naru Meha, Master Wizard. "Holding Priority" is another term for "don't let your opponents have a response yet"; if you were to pass priority while Ghostly Flicker was on the stack and not cast Naru Meha, Master Wizard, all of your opponents could pass priority as well which, would have Ghostly Flicker resolve without you being able to put Naru Meha, Master Wizard on the stack in time for it resolve and copy Ghostly Flicker. Naru Meha will now enter the battlefield first, see Ghostly Flicker on the stack, and proceed to create her own NEW copy of Ghostly Flicker. This NEW copy of Ghostly Flicker will resolve before the original, and this NEW Ghostly Flicker will target two new targets (Island + Naru Meha, Master Wizard). This NEW Ghostly Flicker will resolve and blink both of the new targets (Island + Naru Meha, Master Wizard). Now, when Naru Meha, Master Wizard enters the battlefield again, she will once again see the ORIGINAL Ghostly Flicker on the stack waiting to resolve. So, she will once again create a NEW Ghostly Flicker with two new targets (Island+ Naru Meha, Master Wizard) however, tap that island and float . This is an infinite loop, and will result in infinite mana. This is great because we can perform this entire loop at instant speed in response to anyone's combo on anyone's turn!

META - BUDGET - COMPETITIVENESS
My other decks are going to play this, and each other.
I'll spring for cards, when I can. Moat etc is gonna be out of the question.

Card Choices

Last edited by Sanity_Eclipse 3 years ago, edited 15 times in total.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

Tags:

Sanity_Eclipse

Last edited by Sanity_Eclipse 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

xeroxedfool

Post by xeroxedfool » 4 years ago

Looks like a fun deck. I like its power level and unique inclusions. I was wondering why you are running [card]Deceiver Exarch[c/]?
They're both Griffith, get it?

Sanity_Eclipse

xeroxedfool wrote:
4 years ago
Looks like a fun deck. I like its power level and unique inclusions. I was wondering why you are running Deceiver Exarch?
Thank you!

I think my logic was that DE would be a potential part of the infinite loops and gum up the board, but looking over everything again I'm not sure why I included him. /shrug. Ah well, easy cut. Probably another mana rock or some draw.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

It's been a long time since I've been on these forums, so I didn't get a chance to look at this thread.

That said, I love mono-Blue and I think the idea of this deck is fun. Would you consider Deadeye Navigator? I know it's a stigmatizing card, but being able to blink Naru at will with one of your spells on the stack seems pretty good.

Sanity_Eclipse

benjameenbear wrote:
4 years ago
It's been a long time since I've been on these forums, so I didn't get a chance to look at this thread.

That said, I love mono-Blue and I think the idea of this deck is fun. Would you consider Deadeye Navigator? I know it's a stigmatizing card, but being able to blink Naru at will with one of your spells on the stack seems pretty good.
Pretty sure I have a DEN around somewhere. It's something I'll keep in mind, at least. :thumbsup:
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Breya -

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”